Location: Pasadena, California, United States
Requisition Number: 159730
Position Title: Audio Director III
Industrial Toys is a AAA mobile developer founded by Halo veteran Alex Seropian. Our mission is to make games that are Mobile To The Core! We are currently working to bring cutting edge FPS gaming to your phone. If you’re interested in working with veteran mobile, console, and PC developers in creating new AAA experiences that will reach billions of mobile players around the world we would like to hear from you!
We are looking for an audio director to join our team and help create immersive, engaging audio for our mobile first person shooter. Our studio understands the importance of audio in creating an interactive experience and we are looking for the right person to help us achieve that goal.
- Work with a cross location team of sound designers, leading by example and offering guidance
- Craft an immersive mobile audio experience, create new sound effects that fit the game universe for all aspects of the game (VFX, characters, environments, UI, creatures, etc.)
- Make technical decisions and develop systems to streamline the audio pipeline
- Help determine audio priorities and manage schedule to make sure audio content delivers on schedule
- Identify outsourcing needs and handle their utilization if necessary
- Work with project stake holders to maintain their creative vision
- Implement audio assets into UE4 using audio middleware
- Test and implement interactive music systems in Wwise
- Work closely with various departments (art, design, engineering, QA) to determine audio needs and make sure audio is functioning properly throughout the game
- Make sure audio is performant on target devices; testing memory, CPU, and disk usage
- Help build a stronger audio community within EA.
- 6+ years working in video game audio, and at least one shipped triple AAA title
- Portfolio/demo reel which includes examples of strong sound design skills for games and demonstrates an ability to create engaging audio experiences
- You have experience in working in a collaborative environment
- You are highly proficient with a variety of professional audio software and tools
- You have experience implementing audio with Audiokinetic's Wwise platform and an awareness of other middleware solutions
- You have experience authoring in UE4 or similar real-time engine
- You have excellent communication skills
- Avid gamer is a plus
Enjoy EA Industrial Toys studio benefits of:
- Spacious 19,000 sqft 10th floor office with amazing views of the San Gabriel mountains, all of Pasadena, and Los Angeles (on a clear day)
- Weekly Happy Hours, donuts and bagels.
- Full kitchen with snacks, drinks, espresso machine and nitro cold brew
- A game room with classic multi-arcade machines, modern consoles, and PC gaming stations
- Foosball, Ping-pong table, and Cornhole game
- EV charging
- Motorized sit-stand desks
Community / Marketing Title: Audio Director
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2020-01-30 00:13:03.307
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.