Experience Design Intern
Location: Austin, Texas, United States
Requisition Number: 159704
Position Title: Intern General
What does Experience Design mean at EA World Wide Customer Experience?
Experience design improves the customer support experiences for both our players and employees by documenting and optimizing an organization’s operations to better support customer journeys.
At EA, our Customer Experience Experience Design (CXED) team helps define the standards for our support journeys through consulting and education to ensure a human-centered focus in all of our solutions. We help our organization see the big picture as customers see it and offer tools to design every interaction between customers and the entire organization.
About the internship
Do you geek out over understanding how things work? Do you consider yourself to be a highly collaborative and strategic thinker? Do you love a good challenge and opportunity to connect the dots in a meaningful way? If you answered yes, you might be up for the challenge of joining the EA customer experience design team to develop player support journeys across our product suite.
The Experience Design Team is looking for a systematic big thinker with service design interest, who is passionate about making the complex simple. This team defines our key player support journeys across the product suite and lifecycle. In the role, you will be expected to summarize business strategies, research findings, and bring creative innovation to solve both internal and external customer needs.
- Utilize UX and service design methods to document existing player journeys across EA’s suite of products and lifecycle (i.e., service blueprints, journey mapping, experience mapping, etc.)
- Help create service designs to provide cohesive customer experiences across varied technologies/platforms/products.
- Support research activities in exploratory and prototype testing in the design/development process
To be successful in the role you will have:
- Experience in UX design and core service design methods and processes
- Depth in at least one practice area (experience strategy, service design, interaction design, visual design, or design research) that sets you apart from the pack
- Experience in user testing and evaluative market/product/service research
- Ability and desire to work in all phases of the design process (thinking and making)
- A passion for creating new methods and practices
- Business acumen
- A collaborative nature with strong communication skills, sincerity, and a sense of humor in the face of ambiguous design challenges
- Pursuing a Bachelor’s or Master's degree with an expected graduation date of Winter 2020 or Spring 2021.
- Majors or classes includes:
- Market research / Consumer Insights
- Experience includes:
- Academic Research
- Qualitative experiment design and execution
- Exploring trends
- Study abroad or international work experience
- Product or consumer experience design
- Anything related to psychology/ human behavior
Community / Marketing Title: Experience Design Intern
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2020-01-31 23:43:33.67
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.