Multiple Locations: Seattle, Washington, United States • Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada • Austin, Texas, United States
Requisition Number: 159539
Position Title: Sr Software Engineer I - Security
We are EA
…and we are the world’s leading game company, entertaining millions of people across the globe with the most amazing, immersive interactive software in the industry – how cool is that? Whether you’re into FIFA, Madden Football, Battlefield, Star Wars, The Sims, or Plants vs. Zombies, we’ve got you covered. But making games is challenging, and EA has plans to do even more, connecting players with their friends in new ways and ensuring play continues no matter which device you’re using.
The Challenge ahead:
The Security Engineer is a member of the Game & Platform Security Engineering group within EA's Information Security department.
As a Security Engineer, you will use your technical skills to review and influence EA’s security approach across organisations. You will grow into a go-to security expert at EA, and your work will help protect our data, our employee data, and most importantly, our customers.
You will develop an in-depth, hands-on knowledge of technologies across EA, reviewing architectures and implementations. You will highlight vulnerability and game integrity trends in EA’s games and gaming infrastructure. You will focus your security expertise on everything from web applications, and network infrastructure, to thick clients and cloud services. You will identify hotspots in development practices, game security and service health, and combine these with EA’s future aspirations to influence EA’s security at an organizational level.
You have deep and broad hands-on experience with application security, understanding of security principles, and a passion to learn new technologies. You will be experienced at balancing security and business tradeoffs, challenging assumptions, and finding new ways to solve problems.
- Develop a broad and deep technical understanding of EA products, services and architectures, using that understanding to perform in-depth reviews.
- Identify systemic vulnerability trends and patterns, and propose and engage product teams at a senior level to address these issues at EA.
- Identify and distill external research, driving understanding across EA.
- Propose and help develop educational materials to raise security IQ across EA.
- Provide relevant metrics that allow EA security and the general business to understand risk as it pertains to our business and products
- 3+ years hands-on experience of full stack Application Security reviews that span multiple platforms and programming languages.
- In-depth hands-on experience with security assessment tools and understanding of their applicability and limitations in multiple assessment scenarios.
- In-depth knowledge across multiple security domains, including cryptography, authentication and authorisation, network architectures, platform security, cloud security, operating system internals, reverse engineering, secure development best practices
- Able to find observed instances of vulnerabilities into discussions of wider impacts and trends at an organisational level.
- Bachelor’s degree or Master’s Degree in Computer Science or Information Security, or equivalent industry experience
Community / Marketing Title: Security Engineer
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2020-01-21 19:00:16.733
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.