Location: Austin, Texas, United States
Requisition Number: 159381
Position Title: Senior Art Director
Art Director | Maxis Texas
Maxis Texas, EA's newest Maxis studio, is looking for a visionary Art Director to lead our art team in the creation of a new, unannounced title. We're looking for candidates with a unique vision and the ability to promote that vision, providing stunning visuals at the highest levels of execution.
At Maxis we're pushing the boundaries on every front, so you'll get a chance to stretch beyond your comfort zone and learn while you contribute. Our team culture is collaborative and we expect everyone to think like game makers and approach development with a Player First perspective.
You'll report to our Senior Producer and your responsibilities will include:
- Collaborate and develop a cohesive aesthetic vision for our bold, new project
- Team up with the Creative Director, Tech Leadership, and Production to accomplish key milestones
- Extend the game's aesthetic vision beyond core game visuals to cohesively support UI/UX, Live Services and marketing considerations
- Understand and navigate technical constraints to produce stunning results on every platform
- Create and maintain style guides and high-level documentation
- Nurture the development and well-being of the art team
- Train artists to meet style guide parameters and iterate to improve results, pipelines and processes
- Develop partnerships with external outsourcing partners to ensure assets hit style, schedule, technical and quality targets
- Assemble requirements for the product and create an art plan that supports them
- Align with producers ito hit sprints and milestones
- Develop art team production best practices in collaboration with development directors
- Accomplished CG artist with a minimum of 10 years experience in game development and at least one shipped title as a video game art director
- A deep understanding of all aspects of contemporary 3D game development: concept art, character modeling, prop modeling, environment modeling, lighting, animation, visual effects and user-interface design.
- Experienced at establishing art vision and guidelines, preferable on new IPs
- Accomplished in leading and inspiring teams of artists and in delivering appropriate feedback as the team executes through pre-production, production and as a continually evolving live service
- Experienced in working with team partners to create a content plan and backlog as well as a developing a hiring ramp and timeline required to execute
- Prior experience ramping up and working effectively with external development partners
- Proven solutions-orientation and prototyping ability
- Strong sense of composition, lighting, form and palette
- Deep, demonstrated passion for game development and game art
- Experience developing games for the mobile market
- Experience in developing 2D and 3D assets for monetized live service games
Community / Marketing Title: Art Director
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2020-01-16 19:12:58.83
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.