Software Engineer, C# and WPF - Frostbite, Audio and Movie
Multiple Locations: Seattle, Washington, United States • Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Requisition Number: 158370
Position Title: Software Engineer III
What does the Frostbite team do?
We develop the Frostbite engine, EA’s game development platform, which powers games such as FIFA, Battlefield V and Star Wars Battlefront II. Frostbite uses its proprietary technical advantages to empower game creators to shape games and push the boundaries of what they can achieve.
Why join the Frostbite Audio and Movie team?
As a member of the Frostbite Audio and Movie team you will work with people that are passionate about developing tools and runtime technologies, which empower our community of award-winning content creators to build the very best sounding games in the industry. You will work with game studios throughout EA to tackle challenges across a broad range of genres and the results of your work will have an impact on the final quality of games enjoyed by millions of players.
- Develop audio and movie workflows, pipelines and game features
- Design, test and debug code
- Engage and support our community of content creators
- Work with a tight-knit team of experienced professionals
- Professional desktop application development experience
- High level of proficiency with C# and WPF
- Working knowledge of C++
- Familiarity with concepts related to tool development, such as the MVVM pattern and S.O.L.I.D principles
- Advanced .NET framework technologies such as LINQ, generics, exception handling, asynchronous programming and garbage collection
- Industry-recognized practices like unit testing, dependency injection, continuous integration and delivery
- Experience working in an environment that values collaboration
- Dependable and committed to delivering tasks to a high-quality
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science
- Professional or recreational experience with audio or movie tool development
- Familiarity with game middleware (e.g. Wwise) or audio production tools (e.g. Ableton Live)
- Game industry experience, either with a central technology team or with a game studio
Would you like to know more?
- The benefits and perks of working for EA
- How the Frostbite engine is shaping the future of gaming
- More job openings for the Frostbite team
We love to brag about our great perks like comprehensive health and benefit packages. Since we realize it takes excellent people to make outstanding games, we offer great compensation packages and a culture that values creativity and individuality.
Community / Marketing Title: Software Engineer, C# and WPF - Frostbite, Audio and Movie
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2019-10-31 23:16:03.07
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.