DICE: Senior Backend Software Engineer
Location: Stockholm, Stockholm County, Sweden
Requisition Number: 158139
Position Title: Sr Software Engineer I
We are DICE
DICE (EA Digital Illusions Creative Entertainment), the award-winning studio based in Stockholm, Sweden, is best known for creating the phenomenally successful Battlefield franchise, the Battlefront franchise, and the innovative game Mirror’s Edge.
We work through our 4 guiding values: Passion with Purpose, Creative Innovation, Everything Quality, and One Community. We recognize that our people are the backbone and driving force to our creative products. As such, we are dedicated in providing everyone the ability to express, learn, and be their very best with a common cause.
We are looking for an experienced Backend Engineer, who is passionate about developing systems and services to support the live operations and online gameplay for our millions of users.
You will work in small teams that work closely together to create solutions for game requirements using modern technologies and frameworks deployed to cloud-based infrastructure. You will also work with many existing systems; some developed at DICE, some developed externally. This will require collaborating with a lot of different teams within EA and DICE.
What does a Backend Software Engineer do at DICE?
- Develop distributed, resilient and high-performing back-end services using Scala and other system software languages
- Adapt central EA technologies to meet game design requirements from the game development teams, such as matchmaking and player progression
- Leverage modern open-source stacks including Scala and Finagle
- Deploy services on cloud-based infrastructure such as Kubernetes and AWS
- Manage performance and load testing at the service level (using tools such as Gatling)
- 3+ years of experience developing large distributed and high-performing systems
- Knowledge of Git, or similar distributed source management system
- Experience with agile development and continuous delivery-based processes
- Proficient in written and spoken English
Nice to Haves
- Excellent knowledge of Scala or Java programming languages or other JVM language (Scala is the preference here)
- Experience with cloud deployment in AWS
- Good knowledge of Linux
- Knowledge of C++ or C#
- Experience with Kubernetes
- Experience with Docker or similar container formats
- A love for games
What’s in it for you? Glad you asked!
At DICE we take care of our staff and have done so during our steady growth over the last decade. In addition to a great compensation package we offer our employees 10 EA games per year, massage every three weeks, a variety of sports activities (yoga and cross fit to name a few) and health care allowance. We have a collective bargain agreement with Unionen and Sveriges Ingenjörer which includes a parental salary benefit program and also provide our employees’ with occupational pension.
At DICE, we value our employees’ personal lives. A good work-life balance is something we practice and maintain even during high-intensity periods.
We thought you might also like to know...
As part of the application process we might ask you to take on a practical work test. The position is permanent and applications will be selected continuously. Apply online with a combined CV and Introduction letter in English.
We welcome people from different backgrounds and look forward to receiving your application!
Community / Marketing Title: DICE: Senior Backend Software Engineer
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2019-10-17 08:44:46.343
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.