Location: Los Angeles, California, United States
Requisition Number: 157941
Position Title: Software Engineer II
We are EA
And we make games – how cool is that? In fact, we entertain millions of people across the globe with the most amazing and immersive interactive software in the industry. But making games is hard work. That’s why we employ the most creative, passionate people in the industry.
Location: Chatsworth, Los Angeles
The Challenge Ahead:
The BI Developer will be a part of the development process of our live titles for Respawn Entertainment. They will work collaboratively to implement in-game telemetry, streamline the ETL process, and develop robust dashboards that drive deeper understanding of our games.
What a BI Developer does at EA:
As a BI Developer, your primary focus will be overseeing the in-game data hook implementation using our Player Insights Network (PIN). This means working directly with the Game Design Team to see what is coming in our product roadmap, updating the PIN team with any new changes to our data library, and keeping track of the implementation with our Game Development team.
With support from the rest of the Global Analytics and Insights Technology (GAIT) team, this role will also manage Respawn’s ETL processes to prepare our data for dashboarding and ad-hoc consumption.
Finally, the role will directly implement new dashboards for stakeholders which include Global Analytics and Insights, Product Management, Game Design, Marketing, Studio Leadership, Finance, etc.
The next great EA BI Developer has:
- 3-5 years of experience in BI Development
- Expert Query Ability: SQL (Snowflake / Redshift), Spark, Hadoop, or similar
- Telemetry Implementation: Data hooks in a C++ coded product or similar
- Excellent Visualization: Dundas, Tableau, Domo, Excel Charts or similar
- Strong Communication: Summarize technical details to non-technical audience
- Strong Collaboration skills: Able to work cross-functionally, understanding various perspectives. Comfortable working with peers in Vancouver and other locations.
- Experienced Process Management: JIRA, Target process, Trello or similar
- Passion for Gaming: anything between casual mobile gaming and hardcore FPS
...and a true believer in the “Player First” game development philosophy
What’s in it for you? Glad you asked!
Respawn Entertainment is a AAA video game development studio that was founded in 2010 and acquired by Electronic Arts in 2017. Respawn aspires to create innovative hit games that leave a lasting impact for gamers worldwide. Our shipped work includes the critically acclaimed multi-platform games Apex Legends, Titanfall, and Titanfall 2. We are currently developing the Star Wars™ action-adventure game Jedi: Fallen Order, virtual reality game Medal of Honor: Above and Beyond, and are continuing development for our live free-to-play game, Apex Legends. The opportunity to create groundbreaking games with some of the best developer talent in the industry awaits our future team members.
Benefits & Perks
- Competitive salary and bonus (relocation assistance available)
- Comprehensive health, dental and benefit packages
- State of the art onsite gym with 24/7 access, onsite company-sponsored yoga, strengthening, and other fitness classes, dry-cleaning, massages, and car washes available
- Free games and company store with discounts on games and consoles.
- Education assistance and commuter benefits
- Pension with company match
- Maternity and paternity plans
- Employee referral bonus program
- And more!
Don’t Just Play It – Create It!
Community / Marketing Title: BI Developer
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2019-10-07 18:01:53.17
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.