Quality Assurance Project Manager - BioWare
Location: Austin, Texas, United States
Requisition Number: 157545
Position Title: QA Project Manager
QA Project Manager (BioWare)
At BioWare, our mission is to create worlds of adventure, conflict, and companionship that inspire you to become the hero of your story. Our teams inspire creativity using cutting-edge tech and tools such as the Frostbite engine and collaborate with thousands of outstanding developers across EA’s network of studios. We are passionate about games and their potential as a creative medium to reach and inspire people through emotion, artistry, and engaging storytelling. If you share this passion, this is an amazing opportunity to help shape the next generation of gaming.
The QA Project Manager (QA PM) and team are accountable for defining and delivering the QA project planning, requirements and deliverables for essential BioWare franchises. You will collaborate with partner program managers to establish schedules, define budgets and ensure the creation of test coverage and project metrics. A QA PM will help define and implement essential knowledge transfer and the process with our game teams. They will work embedded within the Development organization, drive continuous improvement of the QA practice across EA and share knowledge across the organization, have a Quality mindset from a consumer perspective, and be a advocate for in game design and implementation decisions.
QA Project Managers have both a solid project management background and people management skills. Most of your time will be focused on ensuring that project deliverables are completed on time and within budget while maintaining BioWare’s high standard of quality. Additionally, you will focus on improving the operational efficiency and effectiveness of the QA effort by assessing current quality assurance practices and incorporating new QA strategies. You will work on department level programs and operational efficiency programs.
You will also spend time managing staff of project leaders and senior contributors and mentoring/supporting junior level leadership within the department. Monitoring performance and delivering measurable feedback to direct reports is an essential function of this role. Embrace the challenge of mentoring and supporting a team of direct reports and contributing to the development of their careers. Establishing working relationships within the QA department, the QA project team and the outside partners are important to your success.
- You will report to the QA Manager and manage a development team which generally consists of QA Designers, and Analysts.
- You will work across Star Wars the Old Republic feature development teams to lock down requirements and specifications.
- You will anticipate bottlenecks, provide management escalation, project prioritization, make tradeoffs, balance the business needs versus technical constraints, and drive partner engagement.
- You will identify task-related processes to improve efficiency
- Focus on immediate team and identify team issues and suggests solutions related to execution goals.
- You will ensure each projects setup meets the specifications
- You will provide regular status reporting and capacity plan updates.
- You will track and implement project improvement plans to drive team efficiency.
- Define engagement practices and processes: Ensure all workflow is clearly defined, processes are documented, and staff trained in expectations on the workflow.
- Mentor individual contributors within project team
- Ensure all have professional development plans/conducts regular one-on-ones.
What skills does EA look for?
A QAPM will have at a minimum: 3 years of experience in a software development environment, 2 years Project Management or Project Lead experience, and 1+ years of leadership experience
- Bachelor’s degree in any number of related fields including Computer Science, Game Production/Development, Business
- Excellent knowledge of production life cycle, tools, processes and executions planning.
- Experience in a Scrum / Agile software development environment.
- Experienced with Jira
- Experience using data to drive decisions.
Community / Marketing Title: Quality Assurance Project Manager - BioWare
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2019-09-11 17:37:25.587
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.