Senior Compensation Analyst
Location: Seattle, Washington, United States
Requisition Number: 157495
Position Title: Senior Compensation Analyst
Senior Compensation Analyst
Based: One of EA’s West Coast North America locations (EARS, Vancouver, Seattle, Los Angeles)
We are EA
And we make games – how cool is that? In fact, we entertain millions of people across the globe with the most amazing and immersive interactive software in the industry. But making games is hard work. That’s why we employ the most creative, passionate people in the industry. And we aim to ensure that our benefits and compensation profiles fit our people – engaging, creative and smart.
EA’s Compensation team manages our core compensation programs and provides consultation to our HR partners and business leaders. We stay at the forefront of market trends and combine our knowledge of market practice with the unique needs of our business to create and maintain compelling, competitive, performance-oriented compensation programs that attract, engage, reward and retain EA’s talent.
We are looking for an accomplished Senior Compensation Analyst, reporting to EA’s Director, Global Compensation based in Redwood Shores and working closely with many members of the team.
With our support, we will need you to hit the ground running, roll up your sleeves and apply your knowledge, experience, and analytical and relationship skills, to help deliver a variety of organizational and employee-level projects.
You are an experienced compensation professional and partner to the business, who can drive and support compensation programs and internal client relationships.
You will support the Global Compensation team in the management of our compensation programs. You will also partner or lead on key project activities and compensation initiatives within our annual global Compensation calendar, as well as manage ad-hoc and ongoing business needs and requests.
You will draw on cross-functional expertise from a team of HR Business Partners, HR IT, global Compensation team members, and HR Centers of Excellence (e.g. Talent Acquisition; Learning, Engagement & Performance; Workforce Planning & Analytics).
- Partner with the corporate Compensation team and broader HR team in the development, implementation, operation and governance of compensation policies and programs to support EA’s business strategy.
- Build consultative and collaborative relationships with, and work closely with, HR and business managers to sustain compensation strategy within client organizations.
- Participate in global compensation programs, operating the relevant tools and processes.
- Develop compensation analytics and improve exposure and utilization of data and insights.
- Support the annual compensation planning event (salary increase, bonus payment and stock award planning and delivery).
- Analyze market positions and develop salary increase budgets.
- Participate in relevant compensation surveys, and other vendor-led external events / forums, for benchmarking purposes, and to keep abreast of market trends and their potentially applicability to EA’s programs.
- Assess compensation outcomes such as pay gaps, short- and long-term incentive provision, and equity participation, by business unit / location / employee demographics, to assess effectiveness, competitiveness, fairness, compliance, etc.
- Build and deliver compensation-related training, education and guidance materials to HR teams.
- Actively look for opportunities to improve processes and service levels.
Qualifications, skills and experience required
We are seeking someone who is always learning and adapting, enjoys a challenge, and can step in and contribute immediately.
- Required: bachelor’s degree; ideally, in a quantitative or business-related field.
- Desirable: professional qualification in reward / human resources.
- Progressive prior background as a Compensation Analyst / Manager within a fast-paced, global, matrixed Company environment; and / or an international reward consulting firm.
- Excellent Excel skills and data modelling / analytics capability; acute attention to detail.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, presentation and communication skills (verbal and written).
- Results-oriented mentality, able to effectively manage multiple competing priorities.
- Solid client-facing experience in compensation programs (some or all of: job evaluation and benchmarking; grading / career level structures; base salary architecture design; short- and long-term incentives; equity programs; annual salary increase / bonus payment cycle).
- Good grasp of business objectives and dynamics.
- Ability to influence and develop strong and collaborative cross-functional working relationships with multiple partners, including executives, line management, and peers.
Community / Marketing Title: Senior Compensation Analyst
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2019-09-05 23:53:58.36
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.