Senior UI Designer
Location: Seattle, Washington, United States
Requisition Number: 157486
Position Title: Sr Experience Designer
SENIOR UI DESIGNER
At EA, we exist to Inspire the World to Play. We create amazing experiences for our players everywhere and we consider our players’ experiences first in everything we do. Creating transformational experiences requires constant innovation and brilliant, passionate people. We are developing extraordinary new game experiences by bringing together great people that combine creativity, technology, and expertise to deliver new ways to play.
This is an exciting opportunity to reimagine a Star Wars mobile product at a design led EA studio where experience design is peer to game design and art. As part of the XD team, you will report into the Experience Design Director and work in close collaboration with game design, user research, art, product management, engineering and operations. In addition the XD team will be based out of downtown Vancouver.
- Craft the visual language of the UI that includes iconography, typography, visual hierarchy, brand expression and motion that align with the art style of the game.
- Drive and develop the UI design system to help ensure that players can enjoy a consistent and immersive gaming experience while navigating the game's interface.
- Define the visual tone of the UI and ensure alignment with the overall art direction of the product
- Deliver high fidelity UI screens and components that align with the product’s experience goals, usability and accessibility standards and brand
- 5+ years of relevant experience with multiple shipped products
- Related post-secondary education, with preference towards a Degree or Diploma in Graphic Design or similar
- Understanding of UX methodologies & tools to support your visual design solutions
- Great knowledge of Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator and/or other visual design tools
- Great knowledge of Unity’s UI system: UGUI
- The ability to layout complex information in an easy to understand manner.
- Strong visual design skills (i.e., composition, iconography, layout, typography, color theory)
- Motion graphics skills, the ability to bring interfaces to life with usability in mind.
- Ability to thrive in a team oriented, product-focused environment; you enjoy collaboration and appreciate the exchange of ideas and concepts
- Strong written and spoken communication skills; comfort presenting cohesive design approaches to non-design audience
- Familiarity with technical UI authoring frameworks
- A strong awareness of current design and art trends
- Experience creating, contributing to and working with Design Systems.
It's a bonus if you have…
- Experience designing applications for a global and multilingual user base
- A passion for strategy games
- Experience working in distributed/remote teams
Community / Marketing Title: Senior UI Designer
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2019-09-06 17:56:45.18
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.