Multiple Locations: Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada • Los Angeles, California, United States
Requisition Number: 157464
Position Title: Software Engineer in Test 2
Software Engineer II – Automation C++
Respawn Entertainment is a AAA video game development studio that was founded in 2010 and acquired by Electronic Arts in 2017. Respawn aspires to create hit games that leave a lasting impact for gamers worldwide. Our shipped work includes the critically acclaimed multi-platform games Apex Legends, Titanfall, and Titanfall 2. Also developed Star Wars™ Jedi: Fallen Order, virtual reality game Medal of Honor: Above and Beyond, and are continuing development for our live free-to-play game, Apex Legends. The opportunity to create groundbreaking games with some of the best developer talent in the industry awaits our future team members.
A excellent chance for an experienced software engineering professional to move into, and develop, within the fast-paced world of gaming and achieve the ultimate game quality experience for our players.
Your role will work with our QA team to build tools and automation to help test games played by hundreds of millions of gamers worldwide, and working with a worldwide community to both develop personally and pioneer the next generation of technologies for game testing.
Join us for an opportunity to work with the best game development teams in the world in a fun and creative environment - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8cSKIpJFNzw.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Computer Science/Engineering or equivalent industry experience.
- 2+ years experience in C++ programming languages.
- Passion for the entertainment industry and delivering quality.
- Experience with all phases of product development life-cycle and Agile (Scrum) development methodologies.
- Able adapt and work effectively within deadlines.
- Experience with big data architectures, data transformation techniques and data analysis.
- Experience with AI / machine learning.
- Knowledge of Jenkins CI, Perforce, GIT
- Experience of automated testing services, systems and methodologies for large-scale automated software testing, preferably within games.
SCOPE & IMPACT:
- Develop automation, tools and services.
- Operate in a continuous learning environment to inspire creativity in technology.
- Manage all aspects of a tool or service, working with customers and technical leads to achieve our strategic goal.
- Understand standard software engineering processes and best practices for requirements, design, implementation and testing.
- Contribute to the company’s engineering strategies and projects.
- Where applicable, integrate systems and tools into partner or production game code.
What’s in it for you? Glad you asked!
- Great compensation package
- Private medical insurance
- Pension scheme
- Life insurance
- Stock plans
- Free onsite gym
- Annual game points and digital download allowance
- Casual dress code
- And more…
You will get a chance to be an important player in Respawn’s approach for ensuring its games meet the highest possible software quality standards in a creative environment.
It’s not easy building the world’s best digital playground. It’s hair-standing-on-end exhilarating. It’s down-in-the-trenches challenging. It’s stroke-of-brilliance-at-midnight creative. It’s you—taking risks, challenging yourself, pursuing ideas, changing the way millions of people do something they love: play.
In an industry that’s changing every day, EA is positioned for growth thanks to smart plans, acquisitions, and most importantly, our creative people around the world who gather each day to unite the world through play. We take that last part very seriously, so if what you’re reading excites you as much as it does us, apply today.
Community / Marketing Title: Software Engineer
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2019-09-05 18:30:43.17
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.