MBA Business Analyst Co-op (Fall 2020 - 8 Month Term)
Location: Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Requisition Number: 157316
Position Title: Intern General
Position Title: Business Analyst Co-op
How to Apply
To apply you must have the legal right to work in Canada – copies of work permits may be requested for those that are not Canadian Citizens or Permanent Residents
Relocation assistance will be provided to students hired into studios outside the location of their university. This opportunity is for an 8 month term.
Business Analyst Co-op:
The Development Technology & Services (DTS) team in EA works directly with all game teams, and everything we do is in support of providing fast, actionable feedback on the quality of the product during the development cycle through our Quality Verification group, Engineering Services group, as well as ensuring our titles reach different regions in the world through our Localization group. DTS Analytics team focuses on business and data analysis-driven assignments, in support of the DTS's current and future business needs. We are a distributed, cross-functional team, full of some very creative people, working in a fast-paced environment that fosters creative solutions in support of game development.
The optimal Business Analyst within the DTS Analytics team will be adept at both thinking strategically about difficult business problems and conducting their own analysis to arrive at conclusions and recommendations. If you have a track record of starting from an undefined problem and scoping the work and framing the problem to make it understandable and consumable by others, then this role is for you.
As an Associate Business Analyst on the DTS Analytics team, you will:
- Participate in a diverse range of projects, from operational to strategic initiatives-related, in response to current and future business needs
- Identify, evaluate and provide recommendations on effective solutions to the stated needs
- Engage in all aspects of process improvement, system, or function delivery to the business
- Collaborate with EA internal and external stakeholders including: development teams, technology teams, business teams, marketing teams, QA teams, Legal, first parties, vendors, etc.
- Organize and lead requirements gathering sessions to capture business processes, user workflows, user stories, data models and current state scenarios from a variety of internal partners
- Decompose high-level business and user requirements into well-written, clear documentation and cohesive presentations
- Manage expectations and risks throughout a project life cycle
- Prioritize workload and multitask in a dynamic, fast-paced, constantly-evolving environment while keeping a positive attitude
Who You are:
- Pursuing a degree in analytics, business management, statistics, computing science, engineering or relevant field
- Excellent organizational, analytical, written, verbal and communication skills
- Ability to navigate ambiguity and establish structure and coherence to business problems
- Networking and relationship building is your natural way of working
- Highly motivated when problem solving and thinking creatively
- Able to listen, capture information, ask questions and read between the lines
- Comfortable working as part of an international team that spans across multiple time zones
- Understand Agile software development methodology and data processing principles are an asset
- Previous consulting experience is a strong asset
Community / Marketing Title: MBA Business Analyst Co-op (Fall 2020 - 8 Month Term)
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2019-09-19 19:50:32.183
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.