Location: Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Requisition Number: 157192
Position Title: Software Engineer II
We’re looking for a passionate and resourceful software engineer with an eye for detail to join the EAX team and help us deliver our players a first-in-class gaming experience.
What you bring to the role:
- 3+ years of C++ and object-oriented development experience
- Strong C++ engineering skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Experience with debugging tools and when/how to use them
- Ability to work with a large, distributed development team
- Willingness to learn new skills and ramp up quickly
- Ability to own features and provide software development estimates
Nice to have:
- Experience with STL
- Understanding of SOLID principles
- Understanding of client/server architecture (MVC, RAII, etc.)
- Experience with networking and application layer protocols (TCP, UDP, HTTP, HTTPS)
- Experience with Win32 and/or macOS programming
- Experience supporting a live service
- Experience with Visual Studio, Perforce, JIRA
- Graphics rendering pipelines (OpenGL and DirectX)
- Qt development experience
- Familiarity with DRM, encryption, and security concepts
- Experience working in Agile/Scrum-based development environments
- Enthusiasm for the gaming industry
Want to learn more about EAX?
EAX is a high performing team within EA that manages several digital distribution and subscription products including EA Access. Access allows users to purchase subscriptions and games on PC and console platforms. Users can stay connected to everything Access, take their pick of all the great games in ‘The Vault’ and play as much as they want for a low monthly, and even lower annual, subscription fee. In addition, they can put upcoming EA games to the test before the release date with exclusive Play First Trials.
EA Access Xbox hub and subscription service: www.ea.com/eaaccess
Origin client and subscription service: www.origin.com
Community / Marketing Title: Software Engineer
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2019-08-20 16:37:27.137
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Vancouver, British Columbia CA