Bioware Head of Operations
Location: Austin, Texas, United States
Requisition Number: 157177
Position Title: Sr DPD
At BioWare, our mission is to create worlds of adventure, conflict, and companionship that inspire you to become the hero of your story
Current projects in development at BioWare include the next project for the Dragon Age franchise, and ongoing support for the new intellectual property Anthem, and Star Wars™: The Old Republic™.
As Studio Head of Operations you will report to the Studio GM and work closely with BioWare’s management team to drive the planning, organization and control of key operational activities. You will also work in close partnership with the management teams of each franchise as well as external partners to achieve success for the organization as a whole. You set and monitor operational targets for your studio and drive activities that achieve the studio strategic objectives. As a core member of the Studio Leadership Team you will also play an integral role in building BioWare’s culture and aligning studio operations, processes and communications.
What the Studio Head of Operations will do at BioWare:
- Provide leadership within the Studio to champion strategic initiatives that will have an impact on future projects and Studio roadmap.
- Develop, maintain, and publish Studio KPI’s that track project quality, delivery, and financial status and risks.
- Partner with Studio GM to review product resource and execution plans.
- Lead change management strategies for Studio initiatives whether through executive communication, town halls, reviews, workshops or other inclusive methods.
- Partner with HR to recruit, develop and retain talent.
- Develop and provide oversight and execution around key game development processes, including the Studio’s title planning and green light processes.
- Lead process improvement forward through direct and dotted line reports. This would include transparent, predictable and value-added processes for quality product delivery and efficiencies as well as new ways of thinking about operations.
- Participate in monthly Studio operational/business reviews by presenting key metrics and critical risks / mitigation for projects.
- Conduct operational reviews with development teams, advise on best practices and partner to design innovative solutions to challenges that arise.
- Create project plans and tracks milestone dates.
- Effectively manage priorities across multiple projects/programs.
- Handle and coordinate resource planning between studios, ensuring efficient headcount utilization across the studio groups.
- Measure progress and suggest top level actions to address progress shortfalls.
- Anticipate reasonable contingencies.
- Present a strong knowledge of development methodologies and an understanding of when to use or adapt each one.
Financial / Infrastructure
- Manage to the studio’s operating and capital budgets, resource budget, quality, and on-time predictability targets.
- Provide complex project solutions across multiple disciplines that consider process and technology.
Who You Are:
- 10+ years of operations and leadership experience
- Exceptional leadership skills with the ability to challenge and influence a variety of partners.
- Ability to prepare/present high impact business cases/analyses/recommendations to leadership team.
- Proficient change management skills, i.e., comfortable with ambiguity and constant change, yet able to set priorities and execute on commitments.
- Self-starter who is able to identify and solve problems.
- Plan, organize, and run key operational activities of the studio teams and set clear targets to achieve studio objectives.
- Commit to predictable delivery and risk management.
- Work closely with the HR team in defining the future shape and changes for the workforce including: outsourcing, insourcing, internal development resources, external development resources/external partners and contingency workforce management.
- Collaborative communicator, customer focused with exceptional decision making and leader of teams.
What’s in it for you? Glad you asked!
We are proud of the great perks we offer like comprehensive health and benefit packages, tuition reimbursement, pension with company match and, of course, free video games. And since we realize it takes world-class people to make world-class games, we offer competitive compensation packages and a culture that thrives on creativity and individuality. Health, Dental, Financial offered (ESPP and RRSP matching); Bonus and relocation assistance also offered.
More about our location: http://careers.ea.com/our-locations/edmonton
Please Contact our Recruiter: Rebecca Davis, email@example.com
Community / Marketing Title: Bioware Head of Operations
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2019-08-20 21:32:59.33
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.