Software Quality Engineer
Location: Vancouver, British Columbia CA
Requisition Number: 157070
Position Title: Software Engineer II
The EA Quality Engineering group is a critical partner of EA game development and Quality Assurance teams and a driver for quality and productivity within those teams.
Come and join us for an opportunity to work with the best game development teams in the world in a challenging yet fun and creative environment. Innovate to keep EA at the bleeding edge of the industry standards for quality and processes to make a difference for thousands of employees and millions of gamers in the world.
In this role you will develop tools, test automation and data analysis systems with the focus on improving the quality of the Frostbite engine.
Frostbite is the engine that powers EA’s games, award-winning titles like Battlefield, FIFA, Dragon Age Inquisition and Need for Speed all harnessed the power of Frostbite to deliver world-class visuals and immersive game play. These games are enjoyed by millions of players on many platforms.
A critical partner of game development teams, Quality Engineering is driving innovation in tools and processes to achieve the highest quality standards. In partnership with software engineers and program managers, and using various programming and scripting languages, they design, develop, and maintain automation test tools; statistical analysis and dashboards; and other tools that help drive quality in our products.
- BS in Computer Science/Engineering or equivalent experience
- Excellent understanding of software development and quality assurance concepts, debugging processes and procedures.
- Experienced with building test strategies
- Full-Stack programming experience with JAVA, C#, Angular2, Python, Docker
- Familiarity with web, database and automation technologies
- Demonstrated analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong ability to self-manage and prioritize work
- Strong debugging skills and a thirst for finding the root-cause of issues
- Ability to negotiate with end-users on features, priorities, deliverables, and timelines
- Ability to own tasks and work independently with minimal outside supervision
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and be flexible – able to adapt plans and react to change
- Demonstrated strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Successfully interface with customers with a diverse set of backgrounds and needs - able to speak their language, appreciate their challenges, and maintain their respect
- Goal driven achiever with high productivity
- Experience with version control and build systems (GIT, Perforce, Jenkins)
- Resourceful and innovative - identify issues and implement solutions, as required
Scope & Impact:
- Works directly with software development and quality assurance teams to identify, define and complete initiatives
- Maintains tools, integration, and technologies to support highly reliable environment
- Learns and stays current with best practices and technologies
- Leverages and improves existing tools to add value efficiently
- Works in a team and independently seeks out answers to questions
- Develops and maintains tools, automation frameworks, test scripts, as needed
- Be part of a globally distributed development team, Frostbite has major development centers in Stockholm, Sweden and Vancouver, Canada as well as smaller centers in Montreal, Canada, Guildford, UK and Bucharest, Romania
Community / Marketing Title: Software Quality Engineer
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2019-08-09 22:00:40.5
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Vancouver, British Columbia CA