Canada Benefits Administrator Role
About the Position:
Reporting to the Senior Benefits Manager, this role has benefits administration responsibility and is the main point of contact for leave coordination in Canada. A keen eye for detail, a focus on customer service, and excellent stakeholder management skills will be a necessity in order to effectively administer leaves, respond to employee inquiries, and coordinate benefits with insurance carriers.
- Successful applicant will manage the administration of all leaves of absence with occasional input and guidance, prepare paperwork, coordinate claims, update systems, and act as primary liaison contact between the employer, employees, internal partners, and vendors;
- Respond to Payroll/HR inquiries regarding benefits and leave administration, including working with our insurer to determine premium payments for employees on leave;
- Manage and file worker’s compensation claims and provide support to employees going off on leaves of absence, or potential absences linked to employee workplace related injuries, incidents or illnesses;
- Act as the internal point of contact, providing updates to People Practices and team managers over the duration of lengthy claims leave of absence claims;
- Facilitate accommodation and return to work processes, coordinating with 3rd party vendors and internal stakeholders to establish return to work plans to support successful reintegration of returning employees;
- Work with Legal and People Practices to resolve complex claims and identify potential issues and/or legal risks to the company;
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with insurers, employees and the workers compensation boards to effectively plan and manage employees’ absence and return to work;
- Follow-up with the insurer, employees on leave, and People Practices on a regular basis by phone or email to keep up to date on case files;
- Document and analyze claims information in a precise and detailed manner and provide accompanying written and oral explanations;
- Draft, maintain and manage benefits procedures, materials, employee files and documents;
- Assist with drafting and updating benefits policies;
- Partner with Payroll and HR Central to identify opportunities and develop solutions to streamline internal leave of absence processes and improve the employee return to work experience;
- Champion Mental Health initiatives in Canada, partner with the WellbEAing team;
- Work with our vendor to plan and organize EFAP education sessions, both on-site and virtually;
- Maintain employee Benefits portals in both English and French;
- Act as the main Benefits point of contact in the event of an employee death, provide guidance to People Practices, manage and administer benefits procedures;
- Responsible for data maintenance, integrity and quarterly data audits against insurance company reports and HRIS records;
- Provide support and assistance to Senior Benefits Management and other Benefits team members as required;
- Coordinates or assists with projects where necessary;
- Additional duties or different responsibilities within Benefits may be assigned at discretion of Senior Benefits Manager.
Qualifications & Competencies:
- Completion of a Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience in the HR/Benefits field;
- Minimum two (2) years experience in a similar role;
- Excellent accuracy and attention to detail;
- Ability to work in a high volume, fast paced environment;
- Ability to define and solve problems by using sound judgment and critical thinking, collecting data, establishing facts, and drawing valid conclusions;
- Strong customer service skills;
- Prior experience in a Human Resources capacity, allowing the incumbent to anticipate the needs of HR, Management and Legal while administering leaves;
- Good knowledge and understanding of the policies, practices, procedures, and government legislation pertaining to the administration of employee leave and benefits and the maintenance of employee records;
- Must demonstrate ability to exercise discretion in dealing with sensitive and/or confidential issues
- Familiarity and understanding of applicable privacy legislation;
- Familiarity and understanding of employment standards legislation and Employment Insurance/QPIP;
- Familiarity with Payroll timelines and processes as they relate to processing leaves;
- A passion for inclusion, diversity and accessibility in all things as they relate to employee programs and company policies;
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain relationships with internal and external stakeholders;
- A team player with the ability to work autonomously;
- Exhibits excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Excellent time management with ability to work with tight timelines, fluctuating workload, and limited supervision;
- HRIS experience (Workday is an asset);
- Advanced knowledge of MS Office (Excel in particular, PowerPoint, Word and Outlook); and
- Language Requirement: must be fluent in English; French proficiency would be an asset.
Community / Marketing Title:
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.