Sr Accountant II
Requisition Number: 156962
Position Title: Senior Accountant II
We are EA
We entertain millions of people across the globe with the most amazing and immersive interactive software in the industry. That’s why we employ the most creative, passionate people in the industry.
The Challenge Ahead
The Asian Controlling team supports US GAAP reporting and statutory for the Group’s legal entities across the region. Our Asian teams are in three main locations: Singapore, Shanghai (China) and Seoul (Korea).
A member of the Asian Controlling Team, you will have responsibility for managing the Asian close process and related financial reporting in conformity with US GAAP and supervising close, reporting and statutory compliance for selected entities such as EA Japan. Please note this role may require some travel.
- Close Process
- Plan the monthly Asian Close Process, including review and analysis of U.S. GAAP reporting
- Oversee selected Legal Entities, including preparation of monthly balance sheet reporting package, reconciliations and journal entries, as assigned
- Manage the recording and settlement of inter-company transactions between us and its intercompany trading partner(s)
- Asian Consolidation & Reporting
- Manage the accounting consolidation of the Asia/subsidiaries
- Review, understand and summarise the internally prepared monthly fluctuation analyses prepared by local teams to prepare/ present the monthly consolidated Asian financial statements with commentary on fluctuations from prior periods and company estimates.
- Statutory Compliance/ Internal control environment
- Manage overall control environment and its effectiveness in area of responsibility
- Manage filing of our statutory financial statements, VAT and income tax returns
- Document statutory and US GAAP accounting positions and prepare memos/ whitepapers on accounting issues.
- Prepare reconciliation of US GAAP to local statutory financial statements
- Management of local and US external auditors, and support for other statutory and tax audit matters
- Partnering with EA’s tax department, ensure implementation of transfer pricing arrangements
- Business Support
- Review and document contracts for US/local GAAP, identifying essential risks areas, supporting conclusions and recommendations, ensuring changes are implemented to bring improvements while mitigating risk.
- Maintain relationships with the other Finance teams (Shared Services, Corporate, Treasury, Other regional counterparts, Tax, etc).
- Be a primary liaison to selected business groups
- Project management
- Spend a portion of time on projects (e.g., globally aligning EA’s accounting practices, improving documentation, building more analysis reporting)
- Represent Asian controllership team in global projects and other special projects as assigned
- BS or MS in Accounting or equivalent
- Certified Public Accountant, ACCA or equivalent
- > 4 years relevant financial accounting experience in a multinational organisation
- Knowledge of U.S. GAAP and Sarbanes-Oxley Act of 2002
- Experience with Oracle and Hyperion Financial Management a plus
Community / Marketing Title: Sr Accountant II
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2019-08-07 01:40:48.36
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.