Senior Counsel, Director Public Policy and Government Affairs
Location: Redwood City, California, United States
Requisition Number: 156855
Position Title: Attorney 3
At EA, we inspire the world to play. We are looking for an attorney with 10+ years’ experience to serve as our [Senior Counsel, Director Public Policy and Government Affairs]. The right candidate is an experienced, effective and practical attorney who can drive global strategy around driving EA’s public policy initiatives and oversee government engagement.
This position will report to EA’s VP, Legal. It can be based in either Redwood Shores, Austin, Los Angeles or Seattle.
Electronic Arts and the video game industry’s policy issues are increasingly broad and encompass many areas where regulation, public policy, business and technology intersect. This role is responsible for leading government relations efforts and shaping public policies that promote a framework where EA and our players can thrive.
- Coordinate with stakeholders across the company to develop positions on key policy issues, which align with business initiatives.
- Guide the company’s interactions with government on policy and business initiatives; engage directly with policymakers and regulators to bring an understanding of EA’s business and influence decisions.
- Represent the company with global trade organizations and manage external consultants to craft strategy and drive policy and government relations efforts.
- Build and maintain a strategic network of stakeholders, including representatives from other game industry companies, associations, coalitions and other third-party allies, with the purpose to share our visions, align our common interests and promote the development of our industry.
- Advocate for EA externally and bring external perspectives back into the company to inform our perception and direction.
- Monitor public policy developments around the world, identify emerging trends and translate policy developments into meaningful guidance and strategic advice for leadership and business stakeholders.
- Analyze legislative, regulatory and executive initiatives related to the company’s business and draft or contribute to amendments, comments and position papers.
- J.D. and 10+ years relevant experience, with both in-house and top-tier law firm or government experience.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, impeccable integrity, good judgment, strong analytical skills, and a keen sense of humor.
- Collaborative by nature and able to build strong partnerships.
- Comfortable in a fast-paced environment and ability to manage a diverse and complex workload.
- Demonstrable ability to drive global, enterprise-wide policies and practices.
- Demonstratable ability to engage with government and regulatory officials.
- Demonstrated ability to support and collaborate with cross-functional stakeholders.
- Willingness to travel domestically and internationally.
Community / Marketing Title: Senior Counsel, Director Public Policy and Government Affairs
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2019-07-30 22:49:09.337
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.