Senior Director, Global Real Estate
Multiple Locations: Austin, Texas, United States • Seattle, Washington, United States • Redwood City, California, United States • Los Angeles, California, United States
Requisition Number: 156836
Position Title: Senior Director, Facilities
EA is a global interactive entertainment software company and is recognized for a portfolio of critically acclaimed, high-quality blockbuster brands. At EA, we thrive on outrageous thinking. It’s the fuel that inspires the best games in the world. We’re a community of artists, storytellers, technologists working in one of the most dynamic industries around.
Our creative work environment rewards new and different ideas. It’s an environment that attracts brilliant talent from around the globe. No matter which of our locations you join, you’ll feel the support of EA’s global brand while thriving on our outstanding campuses. At EA, the excitement you feel throughout each workday is made possible by a culture that inspires you to do the best work of your career.
For years, we've been building a company where amazing minds excel. We pioneer, and we dream big. And together, we are changing the way millions play every day. Come join our incredible team!
The Senior Director of Global Real Estate will be responsible for managing our global real estate portfolio across multiple countries and continents. You will lead the development and implementation of the global real estate strategy to support Electronic Arts long range business plan and our talent and product life cycle strategy. You will demonstrate your expertise in global real estate portfolio management including site selection, construction, budgeting, project and risk management. Establishing and growing relationships with partners is expected.
You will report to the Vice President of Finance, Real Estate and Physical Security.
- Lead a team to develop an innovative approach to real estate strategy for multiple time horizons improving EA’s ability to make timely decisions in advance of space needs; ensure the approach and process are well understood by partners
- Oversee EA’s global real estate portfolio developing metrics and using benchmarks to improve opportunities, identify trends & understand risks
- Optimize EA’s RE portfolio to accomplish full value by providing best and highest use visibility
- Oversee lease management including management of broker relationships, negotiation of terms & renewals and obtain appropriate sign offs
- Lead the process for location/site selection optimizing for commercial terms, talent availability, infrastructure and design; work closely with the Design, Workforce Analytics, and Workplaces team on all site selection decisions
- Essential member of the M&A team completing diligence and developing a real estate integration strategy
- Produce long-range forecasting for existing footprint and scenarios for future footprint and improve capital/opex planning
- Develop and execute a global rolling capital plan and forecast for construction and design projects
- In partnership with the internal Design lead, manage RFP process for architect and project management selection, ensuring quality and price optimization
- Ensure viable plans and establish scope, schedule and budget in partnership with Design, Workplaces team and EA leadership
- Establish common operating processes to guide consistency and repeatability for planning and budgeting
- Provide management visibility to project portfolio, status and risks through reporting and budget tracking
- Foster and build collaborative partnerships with the Workplaces team (Regional and Local)
- Manage multiple, parallel projects with autonomy.
- Develop business cases for major real estate decisions working with partners to perform short, mid and long-term programs and strategic plans
- This position must demonstrate the ability to influence, establish and sustain relationships at all levels
Skills and Abilities:
- Demonstrated ability to establish vision and achieve strategic goals
- Emotionally intelligent with the ability to influence, negotiate and build collaborative relationships across the organization
- Leader able to effectively manage and motivate remote teams to do their best work
- Experience innovating and driving improvements to existing programs
- Detail-orientation with business and finance acumen
- Multi-cultural skills and global mind-set with a strong customer service focus
- Excellent contract and lease negotiation skills
- Superior analytical, and problem-solving skills
- Solid capacity to deal with ambiguity and risk taking
- Excellent process design, project management, change management, and consulting skills
- Ability to travel globally as necessary
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Real Estate, Business or Finance (MBA preferred)
- 15+ years of experience in global real estate leadership including managing a global real estate portfolio, including strategy, planning, development & large-scale capital projects
- Knowledge of global real estate standards, policies, metrics & best practices
- Proven record in working with and influencing senior leaders
- Experience managing global teams
- Deep experience in supplier selection
- Experience with external vendor management
Prefer candidates who possess the following:
- Masters level degree in related field
- Technology industry or entertainment industry experience
- Experience in global or multinational organizations
Community / Marketing Title: Senior Director, Global Real Estate
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2019-07-30 18:14:41.66
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.