Development Tester (Medal of Honor)
Location: Los Angeles, California, United States
Requisition Number: 156829
Position Title: Contingent
Respawn Entertainment is a AAA video game development studio that was founded in 2010 and acquired by Electronic Arts in 2017. Respawn aspires to create innovative hit games that leave a lasting impact for gamers worldwide. Our shipped work includes the critically acclaimed multi-platform games Apex Legends, Titanfall, and Titanfall 2. We are currently developing the Star Wars™ action-adventure game Jedi: Fallen Order, virtual reality game Medal of Honor: Above and Beyond, and are continuing development for our live free-to-play game, Apex Legends. The opportunity to create groundbreaking games with some of the best developer talent in the industry awaits our future team members.
We’re is looking for a Development Tester who will embrace our studio philosophy and share their hard-earned expertise by being a voice for quality for the Respawn team. Our specialists are expected to be passionate about games and experts at validating designer’s intentions against execution.
Development Tester (12 month temporary role)
Please note that this is not a permanent position
The Development Tester role applies both black-box and grey-box testing, utilizing data and automated testing to identify issues throughout the whole lifetime of a project. They will review designs early and often to make sure that the title reduces the amount of bugs it creates. They will generate and adjust test plans, which requires strong test strategies and experience with challenge the product to ensure a very high level of quality is achieved.
- Identify, isolate, regress and communicate bugs effectively and efficiently. Focus on high complexity, hard to isolate and potentially high impact bugs
- Develops in-depth understanding of systems/area under their ownership and communicate progress, status and risks. Requires a deep understanding of system architecture and implementation.
- Provide qualitative and quantitative feedback on features with issues to improve in-game features by solid data analysis to support the suggested changes
- Analyze and report potential risks of features and systems and escalate as appropriate
- Able to recognize and prioritize issues in the bug database to expedite bug-fixing efforts
- Identify opportunities for QA to provide early design feedback alongside defect prevention and defect containment activities
- Perform a variety of testing types across multiple features - exploratory testing, requirements based testing, and ad hoc testing and regression testing, etc.
- Capture and update key project and test knowledge through wikis, documents etc.
- Install, set-up and maintain VR hardware and equipment
- Excellent understanding of software quality assurance concepts, debugging processes and procedures
- Experience working in Unreal Engine or other similar editors is an asset.
- Understanding of the software development life cycle and how it applies to QA
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including accurate and timely reporting
- Strong observational skills, analytical and results-oriented
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Ability to take ownership of assigned tasks and features and meet responsibilities without constant supervision
- 3+ years of professional working experience in a production or quality-driven role
Community / Marketing Title: Development Tester (Medal of Honor)
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2019-08-01 22:47:37.393
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.