Location: Orlando, Florida, United States
Requisition Number: 156704
Position Title: DD I
We are EA
And we make games – how cool is that? In fact, we entertain millions of people across the globe with the most amazing and immersive interactive software in the industry. But making games is hard work. That’s why we employ the most creative, passionate people in the industry.
The Challenge Ahead
A Development Director (DD), is responsible for ensuring the successful delivery of a game feature on time and within budget. The DD oversees the project schedule, hiring, and manages the team to deliver to a high standard
- Manages a development team which generally consists of Software Engineers, Animators, Artists, and/or Designers. Works across feature development teams with to lock down requirements and specifications.
- Anticipates bottlenecks, provide management escalation, project prioritization, make tradeoffs, balance the business needs versus technical constraints, and drive initial partner deployments.
- Identifies task-related processes to improve efficiency
- Focuses on the immediate team and identifies team issues and suggests solutions related to execution goals.
- Ensures the setup of each project meets the specifications with Studio.
- Provides regular status reporting and capacity plan updates.
- Tracks and implements project improvement plans to drive team efficiency.
- Defines engagement practices and processes: Ensure all workflow is clearly defined, processes are documented, and staff trained in expectations on the workflow.
- Mentors individual contributors within the project team
- Ensures all have professional development plans. Conducts regular one-on-ones.
What skills does EA look for?
An EA Development Director is expected to have at a minimum: 7 years of experience in a software development environment, 5 years Project Management or Project Lead experience, and 2-3 years of leadership experience
- Bachelor’s degree in any number of related fields including Computer Science, Game Production/Development, Business, etc..A Master’s degree is a plus
- Excellent knowledge of the production life cycle, tools, processes and executions planning.
- Experience in a Scrum / Agile software development environment. Scrum Master Certification is desired.
- Proficient with MS Word, MS Project, Excel, PowerPoint, Perforce, and Visio
- Experience working on console development would be a plus
- Demonstrated experience in working with broad cross-functional teams.
- Strong negotiation, mediation and conflict resolution skills
- Effective communication skills across all levels of an organization
Community / Marketing Title: Development Director
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2019-08-19 18:56:58.553
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Orlando, Florida US