Lead Experience Designer
Location: Seattle, Washington, United States
Requisition Number: 156506
Position Title: Advanced Experience Designer
LEAD EXPERIENCE DESIGNER
At EA, we exist to Inspire the World to Play. We create amazing experiences for our players everywhere and we consider our players’ experiences first in everything we do. Creating transformational experiences requires constant innovation and brilliant, passionate people. We are developing extraordinary new game experiences by bringing together great people that combine creativity, technology, and expertise to deliver new ways to play.
This is an exciting opportunity to reimagine a Star Wars mobile product at a design led EA studio where experience design is peer to game design and art. As the Lead Experience Designer of the XD team, you will report into the Experience Design Director and work in close collaboration with game design, user research, art, product management, engineering and operations. In addition the XD team will be based out of downtown Vancouver.
For this role:
- Partner with stakeholders to set priorities and find balanced design solutions to player and business goals within technical constraints.
- Lead the team in framing and solving hard problems rooted in player data (quantitative and qualitative)
- Drive a design process and methodologies that supports player centered game development
- Facilitate collaborative design sessions including sketching and experience mapping
- Consistently champion for usability and accessibility
- With the UXD team, craft UX + UI artifacts (experience maps, flows, wireframes, prototypes, high fidelity comps) to guide development and research
- Drive innovative efforts that uncovers new value with new kinds of experiences
- Mentor junior designers, peers and stakeholders on user centered design principles and methodologies
- Craft clear written communication, allowing players to intuitively use a product, including tone of voice, naming conventions, taxonomy, and text strings
- Drive the creation and management of a design system
- An advanced level of experience as a product designer, user experience designer, interaction designer, interface designer or similar role
- Delivered design work across a couple of product areas that has had positive impact to the player experience and business outcomes
- Expert knowledge of user experience principles and methodologies
- The ability to translate player data into elegant design solutions and quickly iterate on them
- The ability to effectively present and rationalize design strategy and decisions to diverse audiences including executives, using these opportunities to educate and evangelize.
- The ability to work and teach across a cross-functional product team, moving effortlessly between the smallest details to high level strategy.
- A degree in Interaction Design, Psychology, HCI or demonstrated proficiency and have equivalent professional experience
- An awareness of user research methodologies and user data analysis (quantitative and qualitative)
- A passion for strategy games
- Experience working in distributed development model
Community / Marketing Title: Lead Experience Designer
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2019-07-11 14:41:44.147
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.