Studio Experience Design Director
Location: Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Requisition Number: 155546
Position Title: Director Program Management
At EA, we exist to Inspire the World to Play. We create amazing experiences for our players everywhere and we consider our players’ experiences first in everything we do. Creating transformational experiences requires constant innovation and brilliant, passionate people. We are developing extraordinary new game experiences by bringing together great people that combine creativity, technology, and expertise to deliver new ways to play.
The studio experience design director will play a key part in establishing the best possible player journey of Montreal studio games from awareness to ongoing engagement.
- Champion quality and the highest level of player experience and journey for our games
- Influence experience design vision at the studio and project level
- Partner with key game team to find balanced solutions to complex player, business and technical challenges.
- Help develop a player journey framework and become a force multiplier for quality across the studio’s games
- Unify the areas of UX design, UI design and Technical design to work collectively and cohesively in the design and creation of player experiences
- Lead, inspire, provide guidance, mentorship and training to UX Design, UI Design and Technical Design on player experience centered principles and methodologies
- Work with game teams to integrate experience design processes to support player centered game development
- Apply psychological principles, ergonomics, and cognitive science to design holistic experiences for player abilities (accessibility included), motivations and needs
- Provide clear visual guidelines and direction through the creation and maintenance of style guide documentation, to drive quality and consistency in the creation and implementation of art assets and UI components across the product
- Provide qualitative and quantitative data, research, competitive analysis and feedback to user centered clear and applicable goals to identify insights and inform decisions
- Contribute to develop the aesthetics of user interfaces, art assets, marketing and branding materials in accordance to style, brand, user experience, and game design requirements, harnessing a mastery of the principles and elements of graphic design, motion design, illustration, photography, and more.
- Work closely with UXR team to apply advanced experience with player research methodologies and user data analysis (quantitative and qualitative)
Who you are?
- 7+ years industry experience working on design, UX, or product design in games
- 5+ years leading UX design or creative teams
- Advanced level of experience as a user experience designer, interaction designer, interface designer, product designer or similar role
- Fluency in best practices for interaction design, user-centered design process, as well as strong knowledge of player experience principles and techniques
- Deep understanding of ergonomic principles and UX design methodologies
- Advanced experience with player research methodologies and user data analysis (quantitative and qualitative)
- Ability to lead a team to effectively translate player data into design solutions and quickly act on them
Efficient and effective at presenting and rationalizing design strategy and decisions to diverse audiences including executives, using these opportunities to educate and promote
Community / Marketing Title: Studio Experience Design Director
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2019-04-30 13:43:32.633
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.