Location: Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Requisition Number: 155530
Position Title: Software Engineer III
We are EA and we make games – how cool is that? In fact, we entertain millions of people across the globe with the most amazing and immersive interactive software in the industry. That’s why we employ the most creative, passionate people in the industry.
Electronic Arts’ Firemonkeys Studio is highly regarded throughout the industry as a leading live service mobile game studio. We release new meaningful updates on a regular basis for games such as Real Racing 3, The Sims FreePlay, Need for Speed, and The Sims Mobile.
We’re looking for highly talented and dedicated Server Engineers who thrive in fast-paced, ever-changing development environments. As a Server Software Engineer, you'll be an integral member of the team which builds and maintains the Firemonkey's back-end game services.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop scalable server systems to support game team designs
- Review and provide constructive feedback for code reviews
- Provide mentorship/guidance to game team engineers utilizing the server framework
- Working under direction from the Technical Director on your project
- Working within a small, motivated team and communicating effectively within that team as well as outwardly with game teams
- Supporting production infrastructure through a rostered on-call rotation
For us, making games is about pursuing what we love and having fun doing it. As we continue to grow and shape the future of the mobile gaming industry, our studio and team have grown exponentially.
We are looking for people who want to be pushed, who want to bring the next generation of exciting, engaging games to our players.
We are looking for emotionally intelligent people with a can-do attitude.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Professional programming experience at a high/expert level
- Linux Internals
- Linux / Unix Administration
- Linux / Unix like programming experience
- Able to collaboratively design and independently implement non-trivial server systems
- Ability to work within a schedule
- Ability to work with and extend existing code
- Strong technical knowledge of server software development
- Experience using AWS, Docker, Kubernetes
Desired Skills and Experience:
- A desire to learn Go / Golang programming skills will be highly regarded
- Modern studio, located next to Southern Cross Station
- Subsidized health care program and gym allowance
- Excellent employee benefits, bonuses and share options
- Subsidized games and consoles, with additional games available to take home to play
- Fully stocked kitchen for breakfast, lunch, fresh fruit and hot drinks
- Friday night socials and regular team-building outings
How to Apply
To apply, please click the apply now button. To learn more about a career with EA, please visit https://www.ea.com/careers.
Community / Marketing Title: Server Engineer
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2019-05-07 06:04:24.963
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.