Location: Seoul, Seoul, South Korea
Requisition Number: 155431
Position Title: Software Engineer II
We are EA
And we make games – how cool is that? In fact, we entertain millions of people across the globe with the most amazing and immersive interactive software in the industry. But making games is hard work. That’s why we employ the most creative, passionate people in the industry.
Have you ever experienced the thrill of a last minute goal that carries your team to victory in front of millions of people? Working here is kinda like that!
EA SPORTS Dev Ops Engineer
The Dev Ops team is looking for a talented DevOps Engineer to join our team. We’re looking for candidates with experience in both network and Unix/Linux administration, with high energy, dedication, and passion for technology.
The successful candidate will partner with the Operations Development Director and Technical Lead to estimate and execute projects and deliver excellent results. He or she should have demonstrated ability to work effectively with large-scale systems and possess proven ability to multi-task and prioritize. This position requires excellent troubleshooting skills, strong attention to detail, with strong focus on uptime and predictability. The successful candidate should be passionate building automation to reduce manual tasks. This role will also involve some on-call support duties.
- Directly supports game server environments, from development to production.
- Performs OS configuration and management.
- Troubleshoots application, network, and server-level problems.
- Designs and develops extensive scripting and productivity enhancing tools for automation of system administration tasks
- Maintains documentation of systems configurations and procedures, including runbooks for live support.
- Support an “always-on” gaming network infrastructure.
- Be “on-call” when needed to support feature launches, live events, and emergency escalations.
- Troubleshoot and correct issues raised from production and live services operations.
- Evaluate and adopt technologies which improve the team efficiency and platform capabilities.
- Work with a global team to implement best of breed technologies and provide support within a follow the sun model
- Mentor junior engineers, new hires, and interns.
- Partners with Development and QA teams for implementation of new game features; partners with other operations teams, IT, and external hosting providers to implement and maintain secure and scalable infrastructure.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited education institution in Computer engineering, computer science, information systems or equivalent
- 4+ years of relevant experience in Linux/Unix Systems administration (especially CentOS/RedHat), including design, implementation, ongoing administration, and support of critical systems
- Keen interest in DevOps methodologies and technologies (Docker, Chef, Ansible, etc.)
- Analytical and problem-solving skills aligned with enthusiasm, aptitude, attitude and motivation to learn
- Working knowledge of at least one of the following languages: Go, Python, or Ruby
- Working knowledge of distributed source control such as GIT
- Demonstrated experience of common scripting languages (Perl, Shell, Python, PHP, the more the better)
- Demonstrated expertise in OS security fundamentals for publicly accessible Linux servers
- Experience with LDAP, DNS, DHCP, NIS, NFS, NAS.
- Experience with automation systems such as Jenkins
- Working knowledge of database concepts, database structures, relational data bases and related applications
- Understanding of document and/or key/value store such as Cassandra, Memcached, Redis, RethinkDB, or MongoDB
- Strong communication skills, to partner with people and problem solve to reach common goals.
Good to have:
- Experience with Cloud based server deployments (EC2, OpenStack, etc)
- Hands-on experience working with various network technologies – NLB, VPN, Firewall, Ethernet Switches & Routers, Sniffers, TCP/IP, Network Subnetting, VLANs, etc
Community / Marketing Title: Systems Engineer
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2019-04-22 16:17:29.1
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.