Location: Shanghai, Shanghai, China
Requisition Number: 155411
Position Title: Concept Artist 2
Title: Prototype Artist
Location: Shanghai, China
# of openings: 1
EA Shanghai is a highly-engaged content creation team within EA Worldwide Studios. We are creatively driven and focused on high end visual production across multiple genres and art styles. Working with our game team partners around the world, we share a unified passion for creating amazing experiences and industry leading visuals. We are adventurous and creative. We are courageous and we take chances. We seek pioneers who cut new paths and conquer challenges with fierce determination.
Job Description/ 工作职责：
The Prototype Artist will work closely with the Art Director and will have a significant role in establishing and defining the visual design for anything from individual assets to entire art visions.
Prototype Artist会与AD紧密合作， 在确定视觉设计上发挥重要作用，工作范围从单一物件的设计到整个美术方向。
The Prototype Artist should possess the ability to set forth the studio’s vision and create imagery that will communicate the visual experience and help blueprint all the aspects of the game for content authoring.
The Prototype Artist should have a deep understanding of composition and color, the ability to render exciting designs, and a strong sense of vision for conceptual art.
- A deep understanding and enthusiasm for all aspects of realistic and stylized conceptual art, such as: characters, environments, mechanical objects, props, etc
- Excellent drawing and painting skills in both traditional and digital formats • Creative, adaptable and flexible art style with attention to aesthetic detail
- Ability to convey a message through visual presentation
- Proficiency in Photoshop or Painter
- Well versed in principles of color theory and lighting
- Experience with rapid-iteration of drawings and paintings
- Proactive personality with a passion to self-drive ideas, active communication and help promote the domain
- Willingness to present ideas and knowledge and workflow share with others
- Familiar with western culture
- 5 years+ for concept in games or a related field
- Detail oriented, organized and able to meet project requirements
Desirable Skills/ 最好具备的技能：
- Formal traditional art training
- English and Mandarin proficiency
- Familiarity with 3d software
- A resume and portfolio that reflects the skills and abilities above
- Passion for games
- Strong technical and communication skills
- 2 years+ games production experience
- Additional illustration or design skills
- A solid understanding of asset management practices
- Good aptitude for problem solving and self-starting with the ability to work with minimal direction
Community / Marketing Title: Prototype Artist
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2019-07-11 04:40:14.047
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.