Location: Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Requisition Number: 155228
Position Title: Software Engineer II
DevOps Engineer - DRE
DRE are EA’s continuous integration and build experts. We are a team of over 100, located in EA studios across North America, Europe, and Asia-Pacific.
We pride ourselves on providing superior automation services to our internal dev partners - EA's game, engine, product, and content teams.
We are looking for a passionate and experienced individual to join DRE as a DevOps Engineer and provide outstanding service and leadership to our internal development team partners.
- Work as a technical liaison with development teams to address build issues and improvements
- Create, modify, and maintain pipeline and workflow tools
- Collaborate with team-mates to maintain and enhance an automation pipeline
- Leading and delegating tasks within a team
- Monitor automation systems and respond to breakages
- Managing virtual infrastructure, including deploying and monitoring VMs/Containers
- You will monitor and analyze metrics to optimize automation systems
- You will report to our Development Manager
We operate in a broad and dynamic technical environment. Candidates with strong experience in software development will be well-regarded, and exposure to a range of DevOps tools & technologies is a bonus.
- OO programming languages (e.g. Java, C#)
- Scripting languages (e.g. Groovy, Python. Powershell)
- Source-control administration (e.g. Perforce, Git, SVN)
- Build pipeline tools (e.g. Jenkins)
- Configuration Management and Continuous Integration/Deployment
- Cloud deployments (e.g. to AWS, Azure, Google)
- Container technologies (e.g. Docker, Kubernetes)
- System administration (e.g. OSX, Linux, Windows, VMware)
- Monitoring Tools (e.g. ZABBIX, DataDog)
- Infrastructure automation tools (e.g. Chef, Ansible, Puppet)
Ideal Candidate Characteristics
- 3+ years of experience as a DevOps Engineer
- Greatinterpersonal skills and a desire to collaborate - both in-person and online
- Ability manage tasks and responsibilities as well as lead and delegate to team members
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Active interest in the DevOps movement
- Active contributor to the Open Source community
Nice to Have
- Experience with secrets management tools (e.g. Hashicorp Vault)
- Experience with artifact management tools (e.g. JFrog Artifactory)
- Experience with container orchestration and microservice management tools (e.g Kubernetes)
- Experience with server virtualization software (e.g. vsphere)
Community / Marketing Title: DevOps Engineer
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2019-04-02 19:02:04.817
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.