Studio UI Art Director
Location: Stockholm, Stockholm County, Sweden
Requisition Number: 153100
Position Title: Art Director 2
We are DICE
We entertain millions of people across the globe with the most amazing and immersive interactive software in the industry. But making games is hard work. That’s why we employ the most creative, passionate people in the industry.
DICE (EA Digital Illusions Creative Entertainment), the award-winning developer based in Stockholm, Sweden, is best known for creating the phenomenally successful Battlefield franchise.
The Challenge ahead
The Studio UI Art Director sets the vision and direction for our in-game presentation across the studio. We need to stay current and competitive. We want to make sure that all the visual material that surrounds our games feels consistent and unified.
The focus is on 2D art such as the in-game frontend and HUD. It includes any visual wrappers such as motion graphics, visualization of 3D content inside the frontend, treatments to intro movies and attract modes.
The Studio UI Art Director is not meant to define or set art direction for projects. The role is centered around maintaining quality and artistic vision for the studio. This will be a great support for the individual Art Directors, and helps to clarify and set expectations with the studio and brand directors.
How we get to great results is also part of the role. Documenting and communicating what good looks like, and best practices, is key to successful collaboration within the teams and with external partners.
This role is not responsible for video media and marketing as a whole, or for the delivery of individual assets.
We would like our Studio UI Art Director to have
- Acute artistic eye and understanding of visuals of all types; graphic design, 3D, photography, cinematography, print etc.
- Broad knowledge of artistic expression across genres and history.
- Strong experience in how to successfully create a visual identity that represents the core style and tone of a project.
- Great communications skills are needed to sell in ideas, convey vision and explain process.
- Answers directly to the Head of Content.
- Making sure our in-game presentation looks cutting edge and is on the forefront of a highly competitive business. Our visuals must be at, or above, the latest and the greatest examples from all media.
- Manage, direct and coach our 2D artists to improve and excel. Make this group the best in the business. Teach and inform on great techniques, both technical and artistic. Make sure our art never falls behind and becomes dated and tired.
- Inspire and review the frontend presentation for all our games and make sure it looks fantastic, this is an area where we can truly surprise and delight our players.
What a Studio UI Art Director does at DICE
- Research and keep up-to-date with visual expressions and techniques.
- Prepare and hold presentations that sets direction and goals.
- Review and feedback on art direction documentation in pre-prod.
- Review our games with a focus on presentation and visual appeal.
- Mentor and coach UI artists.
- Take part in the recruitment of 2D artists.
What’s in it for you? Glad you asked!
At DICE we take care of our staff and have done so during our steady growth over the last decade. In addition to a competitive compensation package we offer our employees 10 EA games per year, massage every three weeks, a variety of sports activities (yoga and cross fit to name a few) and health care allowance. We have a collective bargain agreement with Unionen and Sveriges Ingenjörer which includes a parental salary benefit program and also provide our employees’ with occupational pension.
WE THOUGHT YOU MIGHT ALSO WANT TO KNOW
As part of the application process we might ask you to take on a practical work test. The position is permanent and applications will be selected continuously. Apply online with a combined CV and Introduction letter in English.
We welcome people from different backgrounds and look forward to receiving your application!
Community / Marketing Title: Studio UI Art Director
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2019-02-15 13:03:36.11
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.