DICE: Studio UI Art Director
Location: Stockholm, Stockholm County, Sweden
Requisition Number: 153100
Position Title: Senior Art Director
We are DICE
We entertain millions of people across the globe with the most amazing and immersive interactive software in the industry. But making games is not always easy. That’s why we employ the most creative, passionate people in the industry.
DICE (EA Digital Illusions Creative Entertainment), the award-winning developer based in Stockholm, Sweden, is best known for creating the phenomenally successful Battlefield franchise.
The Challenge ahead
The Studio UI Art Director sets the direction for our in-game presentation across the studio. We want to ensure that all the visual material that surrounds our games feels unified.
The focus is on 2D art such as the in-game front-end and HUD. It includes any visual wrappers such as motion graphics, visualization of 3D content inside the front-end, treatments to intro movies and attract modes.
The Studio UI Art Director is not meant to establish or set art direction for projects. The role is centered around maintaining quality and artistic vision for the studio. This will be a great support for the Art Directors on the projects, and helps to clarify and set expectations with the studio and brand directors. You will report to our Head of Content.
How we get to great results is also part of the role. Documenting and communicating what good looks like, and best practices.
We would like our Studio UI Art Director to have
- Solid experience with creating art direction and working with interactive UIs. At least five years working as a professional.
- An acute artistic eye and understanding of visuals of all types; graphic design, 3D, photography, cinematography, print etc.
- A broad knowledge of artistic expression across genres and history.
- Experience in how to create a visual identity that represents the core style and tone of a project.
- Great skills within communication are needed to sell in ideas, convey vision and explain process.
- Make sure our in-game presentation looks great and is on the forefront of a competitive market.
- Manage, direct and coach our 2D artists to improve and excel.
- Inspire and review the front-end presentation for all our projects and make sure it looks fantastic, this is an area where we can surprise and delight our players.
What a Studio UI Art Director does at DICE
- Research and keep up-to-date with visual expressions and techniques.
- Prepare and hold presentations that sets direction and goals.
- Review and feedback on art direction documentation in pre-prod.
- Review our games with a focus on presentation and visual appeal.
- You will be a mentor to our UI artists.
- Take part in the recruitment of 2D artists.
What’s in it for you? Glad you asked!
At DICE we take care of our staff and have done so during our steady growth over the last decade. In addition to a great compensation package we offer our employees 10 EA games per year, massage every three weeks, a variety of sports activities (yoga and cross fit to name a few) and health care allowance. We have a collective bargain agreement with Unionen and Sveriges Ingenjörer which includes a parental salary benefit program and also provide our employees’ with occupational pension.
WE THOUGHT YOU MIGHT ALSO WANT TO KNOW
As part of the application process we might ask you to take on a practical work test. The position is permanent. Apply online with a combined CV and Introduction letter in English.
We welcome people from different backgrounds and look forward to receiving your application!
Community / Marketing Title: DICE: Studio UI Art Director
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2019-02-15 13:03:36.11
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.