Location: Bucharest, Bucharest, Romania
Requisition Number: 153064
Position Title: Software Engineer II
We are EA
At EA, we have one simple vision: become the world’s greatest games company. We are a community of artists, storytellers, technologists and innovators working in one of the most dynamic industries today. We’re building a company that thinks about player experience at every step. We are transforming for a digital future and work as one team. We take risks and we dream big. And together, we are changing the way millions play every day.
The Challenge Ahead
The worldwide Frostbite team works on cutting edge AI, rendering, animation, physics and other essential engine features used across EA games.
The Frostbite team in Bucharest is a growing team that plays an important role in the game engine that EA has developed to empower game makers in the company. We focus on building Artificial Intelligence tools and features for the engine that directly drive gameplay innovation in EA’s franchises such as FIFA, Battlefield and Star Wars Battlefront.
We are looking for passionate, motivated and talented Software Engineers to join our elite team in Frostbite based in Bucharest. You would be working as part of an enthusiastic team, directly engaged with game studios and other Frostbite teams around the globe to deliver outstanding innovation and performance on PC, the latest console and mobile platforms. The role will enable you to grow your experience and skills as well the opportunity to travel to other EA locations and work directly with studios around the globe.
For candidates with the right mix of technical experience and collaborative energy, Frostbite provides a stimulating and energetic work environment where you can tackle truly exciting and rewarding projects that make real impact on the games enjoyed by millions.
- Collaboratively working to deliver high-quality cross-platform products in C++ in an Agile development environment.
- Execute on all aspects of software engineering, including testing, debugging, documentation, optimization and integration.
- Ensuring our designs are simple and effective, backed up with great documentation and testing to accelerate ease of use and future maintenance of our technology.
- Working with leaders and senior team members to understand customer needs and delivering incrementally on their highest priority features and requirements.
- Provide solid estimates for new, un-scoped work.
- Bachelor’s degree or greater in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent training and professional experience.
- Proven mastery of the C++ language
- Algorithmic problem-solving skills
- Multithreaded programming and debugging experience.
- Knowledge of source code management tools.
- Strong focus on software quality, performance and testability
- Proven ability to work collaboratively with team members on a common code base.
- Great communication skills, to be able to work with co-located and remote colleagues and to be able to communicate progress and results and participate effectively in technical project discussions.
- Willingness to learn and achieve mastery in multiple domains outside of primary area of expertise.
- A passion for making great products and video games.
The Following Would be a Plus:
- Exposure to the mainstream design patterns used in OOP
- Knowledge of Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning technologies and concepts
- Basic understanding of math and numerical methods.
- Experience in Agile software development, preferably Scrum
- Basic exposure to other programming and scripting languages such as C# or Python
- Exposure to video game development on any platform.
Our creative work ethos rewards new and different ideas. It is an environment that attracts brilliant talent from around the globe. No matter which of our studio locations you join, you'll feel the energy and support of EA's global brand, while thriving on our world-class campuses. At EA, the excitement you feel throughout each workday is made possible by a culture that inspires you to do the best work of your career.
Community / Marketing Title: Software Engineer
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2018-10-15 14:28:12.04
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.