Software Engineer II
Location: Austin, Texas, United States
Requisition Number: 152717
Position Title: Software Engineer II
We are EA:
And we make games – how cool is that? In fact, we entertain millions of people across the globe with the most amazing and immersive interactive software in the industry. But making games is challenging. That’s why we employ the most creative, passionate people in the industry.
The Challenge Ahead:
The EA Digital Platform Data Group develops a new unified Big Data pipeline across all franchises at Electronic Arts. This platform will incorporate data collection, ingestion, processing, access and visualization all built on a modern, cloud-based tech stack with outstanding tools. The Data Group will provide the tools and platform which powers the future of game development, marketing, sales, accounting and customer experience.
We are looking for seasoned developers who want to work on a large-scale distributed data system from the ground up for one of the most creative, creative companies in technology.
- Help define and build a unified data platform across EA, spanning 20+ game studios as data sources
- Develop infrastructure software that slice and dice data, using Hadoop and Map/Reduce
- Design and Develop reporting systems that inform on key metrics, detect anomalies, and forecast future results
- Develop complex queries to solve data mining problems
- Write reliable and efficient programs scaling to massive (petabyte) datasets and large clusters of machines
- Flexibility to work with both SQL and NoSQL solutions
- Work closely with data modelers, data analysts, and BI developers to understand requirements, develop ETL processes, validate results, and bring to production
- Analyze and improve efficiency, scalability, and stability of data collection, extraction, and storage processes
- 1+ years experience working with large-scale systems and data platforms/warehouses
- A solid foundation in computer science, with competencies in algorithms, data structures, and software design
- Several years of software development experience, writing clean re-useable code, test-driven development, and continuous integration
- Experience with MapReduce, Hadoop, Hive, or other NoSQL stacks a plus
- Fluency with an Object-oriented language including Java AND/OR C++, and SQL, Perl/Python
- Fast prototyping skills, familiarity with scripting languages such as bash, perl, awk, python
- Experience working with columnar analytics databases or relational databases is a plus
- Experience with data modeling and BI tools is a plus
Must have an advanced Computer Science degree
You will report into the Director of Engineering.
Community / Marketing Title: Software Engineer II
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2018-09-23 21:13:10.21
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.