Technical Art Director
Location: Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Requisition Number: 152714
Position Title: Senior Technical Artist 2
Technical Art Director
EA Create Art is a highly engaged content creation team within EA Studios. We are creatively driven and focused on high end visual production across multiple genres and art styles. Our art studios are in Vancouver, Orlando, Guildford, Gothenburg, and Shanghai.Working with our game team partners we share a unified passion for creating amazing experiences, and industry leading visuals.
We are adventurous and creative. We are courageous and we take chances. We seek pioneers who cut new paths and conquer challenges with fierce determination.
We look for the best in everyone.
What the Technical Art Director will do:
The Technical Art Director is a lead position in the Technical Art team. While part of the art team, they act as a bridge between the artists, engineers and designers. As a leader, they will oversee large initiatives which can include entire game areas/domains. As a contributor, they are an expert in the technical art field with main responsibilities including art production workflows, tools, pipelines, asset optimization, visual scripting/logic (“schematics”) and shader development. Technical Art Directors are expected to assume ownership over any technical issues that arise on their project and drive them to resolution. This will often include delegating to junior staff on the team. Candidates can be from an Art, Design, Mathematics, Engineering or Computer Science background; however, they must demonstrate a comfort level in working with both art and science.
Who You Are:
- At least 6+ years of cinematic/games production experience. The ideal candidate has completed more than 3 AAA games/movies.
- Experience leading high performing teams of 5+ people.
- A bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) in a related field is desired.
- Highly adept at communicating with different audiences: artists, engineers, managers.
- Proficient scripting/programming in python and C#, with C++ a bonus.
- Expert knowledge of a 2D and 3D art packages: Maya/Photoshop required. Houdini/Substance Designer a bonus.
- An aptitude for problem solving, particularly as it pertains to developing techniques to meet quality targets with difficult technical constraints.
- Deep understanding of asset optimization challenges/techniques.
- A willingness to jump into the unknown and solve new problems; the ability to think creatively to resolve technical challenges and limitations.
- A Leader and a Problem Solver!
- A Passion for Games!
What’s in it for you? Glad you asked!
We love to brag about our great perks like comprehensive health and benefit packages, tuition reimbursement, RRSP company match and, of course, many other perks! And since we realize it takes world-class people to make world-class games, we offer competitive compensation packages and a culture that thrives off creativity and individuality. At EA, we live the “work hard/play hard” credo every day.
More about our location: http://careers.ea.com/our-locations/burnaby-eac
Have questions about the role? Contact Paola - pchavez @ ea.com
Community / Marketing Title: Technical Art Director
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2018-09-21 01:48:34.24
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.