Software Engineer (Frostbite - Editor Framework)
Location: Seattle, Washington, United States
Requisition Number: 152603
Position Title: Software Engineer II
We are Frostbite
Frostbite is EA’s state-of-the-art, multi-platform game development engine. We empower creators to shape the future of gaming and we achieve this by developing leading-edge engine features and world class tools. Our talented team from across the globe is dedicated to building innovative technology and working closely with each other to ship amazing games. Frostbite powers some of the most stunning games in the industry along with deep player experiences.
Why Join the Frostbite Editor Framework?
As a member of the Editor Framework team you will work closely on core parts of FrostEd, our tool that content creators use to build amazing game experiences. You will build robust and reusable tool components that can be leveraged across various domains including audio, rendering, and UI. You will be at the core of building easy to use and scalable tool code that will power a massive community of talented game creators. We are looking for someone who is passionate about building awesome tools, working collaboratively across teams, and in getting things done.
- Work closely with UX team, product owner and customers to design, build and maintain features in the tools
- Provide support to customers by addressing key issues and looking for opportunities to make systematic improvements
- Contribute to technical discussions across Frostbite.
- Frequent communication across Frostbite and with game team Engineers.
Required Skills and Experience
- 3+ years software development experience (ideally with C# or C++)
- Experience writing tools with WPF or UWP
- Deep understanding of algorithms, data structures, and program language design
- Experience leading engineering projects (ideally in an Agile context)
- Experience working with large code bases and ability to step into unfamiliar code and solve problems
Desirable Skills and Experience
- Experience using or writing plugins for: Photoshop, Maya, MotionBuilder, Houdini, or Substance
- Experience building games and supporting content creation workflows
- Experience writing custom content creation workflows for games
- Managing tool analytics data and ensuring it’s stored efficiently for quick data analysis
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical discipline (computer science, computer engineering, mathematics, statistics, etc.)
- Scrum agile processes.
What else is in it for you? Glad you asked!
We love to brag about our great perks like comprehensive health and benefit packages. And since we realize it takes world-class people to make world-class games, we offer competitive compensation packages and a culture that thrives off creativity and individuality. At EA, we live the “work hard/play hard” credo every day.
We Thought You Might Also Want to Know:
- How the Frostbite engine is shaping the future of gaming
- More job openings for the Frostbite team
- More about our location: https://www.ea.com/careers/careers-overview/vancouver
Community / Marketing Title: Software Engineer (Frostbite - Editor Framework)
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2018-09-18 22:14:19.1
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.