FIFA Ultimate Team - Game Designer
Location: Bucharest, Bucharest, Romania
Requisition Number: 152498
Position Title: Game Designer I
We are EA
We create amazing experiences for our players everywhere and we put our players first in everything we do. Creating transformational experiences requires constant innovation and brilliant, passionate people. We are developing extraordinary new game experiences by bringing together great people that combine creativity, technology, and expertise to deliver new ways to play.
The Role: Game Designer
At EA, Game Designers are craftsmen for the product. They are the individuals who design features and experiences end to end ultimately to surprise and delight millions of FIFA gamers around the world.
What a Game Designer Does:
As a Game Designer on FIFA, you will use your understanding and passion for designing player first experiences to add to the creative execution and business success of the game team.
You need to drive team culture by initiating, fostering, maintaining, and managing others towards positive working relationships with partners who are critical to both current and future development process. You must be a great team player and help form a stimulating and fun work environment.
You will play an instrumental role in the following:
• Designing small to medium complex systems and tuning them for specific goals.
• Inspiring and motivating the team to achieve high quality within constraints.
• Generating new ideas, but also taking exterior ideas and goals and successfully executing against those.
• Taking a holistic approach to quality and delivery to ensure that the feature set and corresponding execution creates the best possible product.
• Investigating and analyzing to validate ideas and opportunities.
Who You Are:
• Minimum of 3 years of experience as a Designer working in medium to large teams within the video game industry, creating high quality games.
• Understand how to effectively use the business model of the game, and how design and the business model work together.
• Create designs that target specific product metrics.
• Open to new ideas, perspectives and constructive criticism, with the ultimate goal of crafting the best experiences for our players
• Understand why an idea will or won’t work, and how to design in order to hit specific goals.
• Open minded around F2P strategies, and able to make them work in a gamer first environment
• Ability to work closely with a large team through all phases of the product development process.
• Possess excellent written and verbal communication skills in English.
• Ability to work in a team environment that spans across multiple time zones with maturity and leadership.
What’s in it for you?
We love to brag about our great perks like comprehensive health and benefit packages, and, of course, free video games. And since we realize it takes world-class people to make world-class games, we offer competitive compensation packages and a culture that thrives off of creativity and individuality.
At EA, we live the “work hard/play hard” credo every day.
Community / Marketing Title: FIFA Ultimate Team - Game Designer
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2018-09-11 07:38:09.0
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.