AI Scientist - Natural Language Processing Focus
Location: Redwood City, California, United States
Requisition Number: 151310
Position Title: Data Scientist II
We are EA—the world’s largest video game publisher. You’re probably familiar with many of our titles—Madden, FIFA, The Sims, Need for Speed, Dead Space, Battlefield and Star Wars, to name a few. But maybe you don’t know how we’re committed to creating games for every platform—from social to mobile to console—to give our consumers that anytime, anywhere access they demand. What does that mean for you? It means more opportunities to unleash your creative genius, be inspired by those around you and ignite your path in any direction you choose.
The Challenge Ahead:
The EADP Data Group is responsible for developing a new unified Big Data pipeline across all franchises at Electronic Arts. This platform will incorporate data collection, ingestion, processing, access and visualization all built on a modern, cloud based tech stack with best-in-class tools. The Data Group will provide the tools and platform which powers the future state of game development, marketing, sales, accounting and customer experience.
We are looking for developers who are interested in working on a large scale distributed data system from the ground up for one of the most creative, innovative companies in technology.
What an AI Scientist does at EA
- Research, develop and evaluate highly innovative AI applications for contextual dialogue generation, speech generation, NPC behavior, chatbots, knowledge representation, and conversational interfaces
- Develop algorithms and extract essential insights from EA’s rich store of data to empower intelligent agents within the EA ecosystem
- Create scalable solutions for problems in the gaming domain
- Work closely with the core development teams to deploy AI applications seamlessly as part of production systems
- Research and implement novel AI and NLP approaches for new problems.
The next great EA AI Scientist have
- Ph.D. in Computer Science, or related fields (focus in NLP or ML a plus)
- Experience having developed novel AI algorithms, and major journal and conference publications
- Strong problem-solving ability
- Strong programming skills
- Experience with large-scale data and distributed systems – Experience with Apache Hadoop, Spark, and Tensorflow a plus
- 3+ years of experience with SQL and MPP databases
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
What’s in it for you? Glad you asked!
We love to brag about our great perks like comprehensive health and benefits packages, tuition reimbursement, and 401k with company match and, of course, free video games. And since we realize it takes world-class people to make excellent games, we offer great compensation packages and a culture that thrives on creativity and individuality. At EA, we live the “work hard/play hard” credo every day.
Community / Marketing Title: AI Scientist - Natural Language Processing Focus
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2018-07-17 04:30:17.36
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.