Location: Redwood City, California, United States
Requisition Number: 151309
Position Title: Software Engineer II
We are EA
And we make games – how cool is that? In fact, we entertain millions of people across the globe with the most amazing and immersive interactive software in the industry. But making games is hard work. That’s why we employ the most creative, passionate people in the industry.
The Challenge Ahead:
The EA Digital Platform Data & AI Group is responsible for providing unified AI resources across all franchises within Electronic Arts. Our group develops AI and data driven solutions to game team problems, as well as common AI infrastructure for use in every facet of the company. From data modeling to agent building, we utilize a modern, cloud-based tech stack with best-in-class tools to provide solutions and platforms empowering the future state of game development, marketing, sales, and player experience.
What does an AI Engineer at EA do?
- Create scalable solutions for business problems in the gaming domain
- Design and build core AI infrastructure components to ease the use of AI and machine learning techniques for helping to build games, play games, and operate games
- Work side-by-side with AI Scientists to design, develop and evaluate highly innovative models for predictive learning applications like recommendations or bad-actor detection.
- Work closely with the core development teams to deploy models seamlessly as part of production systems
- Establish scalable, efficient, automated processes for large scale data analyses, model development, model validation and model implementation.
Our next AI Engineer at EA should have:
- Masters or Ph.D. in Computer Science, or related fields (focus in AI or ML a plus)
- Hands-on experience in processing large volumes of data
- Strong problem-solving ability
- Strong programming skills (object oriented and functional paradigms)
- Experience with large scale distributed programming paradigms
- Experience with analytic tools such as Spark, Tensorflow, or similar
- Experience with SQL and MPP databases
- Experience with cloud service providers (AWS, Google Cloud, …)
- Experience with system deployment and orchestration technologies such as Docker and Kubernetes
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
What’s in it for you? Glad you asked!
We love to brag about our great perks like comprehensive health and benefit packages, tuition reimbursement, and 401k with company match and, of course, free video games. And since we realize it takes world-class people to make world-class games, we offer competitive compensation packages and a culture that thrives on creativity and individuality. At EA, we live the “work hard/play hard” credo every day.
Community / Marketing Title: AI Engineer
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2018-07-17 04:30:33.437
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.