Location: Gothenburg, SE
Requisition Number: 116965
Position Title: Sr Game Designer
We are EA
We entertain millions of people across the globe with the most amazing and immersive interactive software in the industry. But making games is hard work. That’s why we employ the most creative, passionate people in the industry.
The Challenge Ahead
Ghost is looking for an experienced Senior Designer to join the studio and help spearhead the direction and feel of our next title. Mentoring junior designers and guiding development in line with key franchise pillars and game vision. You will represent and strive to create the best possible experience for our players, across key areas of the game.
What a Senior Designer does at EA:
- Partner with the Creative Director to implement game vision
- Spearhead the design of key areas of the game
- Guide and mentor designers towards solutions that have a foundation in the project pillars
- Create and maintain documentation of design solutions
- Develop and review new content and systems
- Keep abreast of design trends
- Articulate design choices in terms of the player experience
- Create fun and accessible systems that lead to high engagement
A Senior Designer needs:
- Relevant education and diploma (Game Design, Computer Science, engineering etc)
- 2 + years in a senior creative role on AAA development
- Proven ability to create game concepts
- Ability to work collaboratively with team members from different locations and different disciplines
- Excellent documentation skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
- Open minded and willing to adapt and iterate designs
- Proven ability to seek and demonstrate clear decision making
Ideally you will have worked directly on features or titles that included:
- An open world
- Robust economies and progression systems
- Co-op gameplay
What’s in it for you? Glad you asked!
At Ghost we take care of our staff and have done so during our steady growth over the years since the studio was founded. In addition to a competitive compensation package we offer our employees 10 EA games per year, massage every month and health care allowance. We have a collective bargain agreement with Unionen and also provide our employees with pension; ITP 1 or ITP 2.
More about our location
Ghost Games is a new EA studio located on the west coast of Sweden. Gothenburg is Sweden's second largest city with a population of about 1 million people. This charming location was chosen because of the plethora of highly talented game developers that can be found in this part of Sweden and its southern regions. Founded on the core principles of excellence, fun and respect, Ghost is working to create a world-class team of developers and an exceptional working environment, and to build the next big thing in AAA gaming.
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, age, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.
We look forward to receiving your application!
Community / Marketing Title: Senior Designer
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2018-02-19 08:00:00.0
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Gothenburg, SE