Technical Writer - Software Developer Experience (temp/contract)
Location: Seattle, Washington, United States
Requisition Number: 161704
Position Title: Program Manager II
We are EA
And we make games – how cool is that? In fact, we entertain millions of people across the globe 24/7 with the most amazing and immersive interactive software in the industry. But making games and delivering a phenomenal player experience is challenging. That’s why we employ the most creative and passionate people in the industry.
The Challenge Ahead
As EA moves towards making gameplay smarter, better, and more personalized, the infrastructure to support this transformation is increasingly challenging to manage because of complexity and scale. It will require both the ability to address current customer pain points, and also the ability to come up with novel solutions that they have yet to discover. The EADP Developer Experience team makes it easy to create and monitor the entire suite of EA services and infrastructure from any mobile or web-enabled device, anywhere in the world.
We are looking for a Technical Writer that has a background in writing, editing, and organizing technical content to join our team and make it easy for game development teams to understand EA Digital Platform tools and services.
You will report to a Director of Program Management on the Player Developer Experience team.
If you want the opportunity to create stellar documentation that aids building and operating scalable services and tools, then this is the team for you. You’ll work with outstanding technologists, designers, and product managers to improve the lives of game producers, developers, and operations engineers building on the EA Digital Platform.
- Work with engineers and product managers to create product overviews, how-to instructions, and integration guides
- Ensure product teams publish high-quality documentation by providing writing, consulting, reviewing, and editing services
- Provide feedback on documentation tooling and process improvement across projects and systems
- 1+ years of computer-related technical writing experience
- Experience writing for web services and software products
- Experience working in an Agile development environment
- Good technical background and knowledge is a requirement; related degree or experience that showing the ability to understand and document technical concepts and systems
- Experience creating documentation that is concise and accurate
Nice to have
- Experience working with REST APIs
- Programming or scripting experience
Community / Marketing Title: Technical Writer - Software Developer Experience (temp/contract)
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2020-07-10 15:15:09.707
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.