Senior Art Lead
Location: Sacramento, California, United States
Requisition Number: 160913
Position Title: Senior Artist 2
Senior Art Lead
Who is EA Capital Games?
We’re a mobile game studio located in Midtown Sacramento, home to the highly successful title Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes, the most successful Star Wars mobile game ever released, charting as the #1 grossing game in over 35 countries, and one of the Top 40 grossing games in the entire world across Apple and Google.
Collectively, we are a close-knit group of passionate gamers, obsessed with the creation of genre-defining mobile RPGs, and the vibrant live services necessary to support them. Our team culture is friendly, fast-paced, results-focused, and collaborative. We take our work – but not ourselves – very seriously.
While walking the halls of our brand-new 31,000 sqft studio, you’ll hear the cacophony of epic console competitions, lively debates, and the rattle of dice thrown across a game board. Game nights, happy hours, weekend adventures, and a dog-friendly atmosphere are all elements of who we are.
Capital Games is seeking an experienced Lead Artist to join our team.
Our flagship title Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes is looking for an Lead Artist with strong experience in game development, specifically in the mobile space. The Lead Artist, in collaboration with their AD, TA, and discipline leads, will define the art creation process and production pipelines. They will work with key stakeholders and our brand partners in the development of the product’s visual art style. They will maintain visual pillars and quality standards through effective management of their team and remote partners to ensure the highest visual quality possible.
The Lead Artist will conduct daily reviews with the artists giving clear constructive feedback and guidance. A significant amount of time and effort will be dedicated aligning with stakeholder and brand feedback and translating that into clear and cohesive direction to the art team. Their focus is to ensure artists are delivering on quality while maintaining an achievable production schedule.
Work Task Examples:
As a Lead Artist, you will be responsible for:
- Capable of creating assets that enhance the art direction and overall vision of the game and a willingness to jump in and assist the team when necessary
- Providing effective and constructive feedback to the art team
- Communicate artistic direction and visual quality bar via style guides, paint-overs, art targets, and/or verbal feedback
- Define development best practices with Development Director
- Guarantee fidelity, accuracy, and delivery of all assets
- Manage artistic development of the art staff through training, mentorship, and personal growth
- Proven people manager capable of balancing the day-to-day tasks with the growth and development of their reports
- Advocating for the art team by being a clear voice to the needs and concerns of your team
Skills We Look For:
- Portfolio that shows your personal taste, quality bar, and visual communication style.
- Highly skilled 2D and/or 3D artist with a minimum of 5 years’ experience in game development as a lead artist.
- Broad knowledge and experience in relevant art disciplines including concept, modeling, environments, props, lighting, cinematics, VFX and UI/UX.
- Expertise with 3ds Max and/or Maya and Photoshop. Experience with Zbrush and/or 3DCoat a plus.
- Self-motivated with an ability to work on a team that is built on collaboration, shared leadership, and creative input at every level.
- Experienced in leading teams of artists – must have a good eye for detail and be able to give constructive and actionable feedback.
- Ability to meet deadlines under tight schedules, a willingness to receive direction and a desire to work closely within a collaborative environment.
- Highly organized and possessing good verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent problem solving and diplomatic skills.
- A strong understanding of anatomy, mechanical structure and architecture.
- A keen eye for light, color, shape and silhouette, and a knowledge of how to use them.
- Excellent skills at identifying existing visual styles, and ability to utilize them.
- Experience developing games for the mobile market.
- Familiarity with developing games off of strong existing IPs.
Beyond your passion for art, you are also a passionate game developer who has a love of the brand. You’ll do your best work if you enjoy playing Star Wars Galaxy of Heroes and nurture a desire to help create a great gaming experience for our players. We look for people who are passionate across all of our disciplines - our team members are constantly sharing knowledge and working to raise the quality bar. No one is phoning it in here - our teams love what they do, and it shows in our games.
If this opportunity sounds like a great fit for you, then apply today! We look forward to meeting you.
Community / Marketing Title: Senior Art Lead
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2020-05-08 20:11:55.35
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.