Location: Hyderabad, Telangana, India
Requisition Number: 160896
Position Title: DM
The Development Manager (QA Project Manager) will be responsible for maintaining the proper course of actions
and services around functionality testing planning, execution and reporting on one or more projects under supervision. The Development Manager is tasked with coordinating a group of Associate Development Managers or
QA Project Leads to handling key testing activities, is actively involved in process improvement initiatives and improve on efficiency and level of quality while keeping a strong partnership and open communication lines with all partners.
Development Manager is also the key user of data and its analysis and brings it into practice for data-driven decisions.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Assure timely completion of testing for projects as well as comprehensive bug tracking and reporting
• Work with the test team to define and execute on a vision around agile testing methodologies and progressive QA best practices to ensure high-quality deployments in suitable timeframes
• Aggressively work to further develop the test automation tool suite and automation testing plan for various platforms and technology
• Build strong relationships with business and technology members to understand the needs for the QA department and tools.
• Measure and report on quality assurance metrics on a regular basis
• Identify a strategy for maintaining consistent QA environments providing as much up time for testing as possible
• Provide leadership, technical expertise and career development for QA leaders and individual QA contributors on the team
• Uphold the importance of core values and culture by leading team building events and building strong communication amongst QA team members
• Utilizes metrics and analytics to anticipate future issues affecting the health or quality of the game, and to some extent, the team
• Demonstrates an advanced understanding of the importance of metrics and analytics and regularly utilizes them when doing research and providing feedback.
Skills and Experience:
• 6+ years’ experience in Quality Assurance or comparable development experience
• 1-2 years of experience in project planning in testing or dev environments, and managing a team
• Experience with various project management and bug tracking tools
• Experience in working on automation tools and other cost-effective testing methodologies
• Experience in leveraging product & quality data for generating meaningful metrics & visualization
• Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, are critical
• Agile experience
• PMP certification
• Games industry experience
Community / Marketing Title: Development Manager
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2020-04-29 18:42:08.207
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.