Location: Shanghai, Shanghai, China
Requisition Number: 160377
Position Title: Technical Director I
Technical Director - DRE
Development and Release Engineering (DRE) are EA’s continuous integration and build experts. We are a team of over 100, located in EA studios across North America, Europe, and Asia-Pacific.
We pride ourselves on providing superior automation services to our internal customers - EA's game, engine, product, and content teams.
We are looking for a Technical Director (TD) to work in Shanghai and support the DRE Asia team across our studios in China and Korea.
Reporting to the Development Director (DD), you will be responsible for the team’s strategic direction and the evolution of the continuous integration and deployment systems for a range of mobile, PC, and web games.
What a TD does at EA:
This is a challenging role that will demand knowledge and experience from multiple disciplines within software development and DevOps. It’s essential to be a great communicator since interaction with the game teams is key to securing a high quality service.
You will be expected to work alongside the Development Director to negotiate requirements with key game team and studio Technical Directors, developing these into detailed backlog items and then working with the team to ensure they are delivered as forecasted.
You will be expected to grow the team’s knowledge as well as your own, collaborating with other Technical Directors and Senior Engineers as a member of DRE’s global Tech Council.
- Prior experience in technical mentoring and strategic leadership
- Strong communications skills
- Excellent spoken & written English
- Excellent knowledge of Software development, practices and architecture
- Excellent understanding and feel for the full flow of software production
- Excellent knowledge and track record of CM & CI/CD systems and practices
- Strong knowledge and experience in build pipeline tools (e.g. Jenkins) and source-control administration
- Strong knowledge and experience in OO programming languages and scripting languages (e.g. Python)
- Strong knowledge and experience in cloud services and container technologies
- Strong knowledge and experience in orchestration tools (e.g. Chef, Puppet), telemetry and monitoring systems (e.g. ELK, Splunk)
Ideal Candidate Characteristics
- Ability to self-manage tasks and responsibilities
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Knowledge of Perforce, vSphere / VMware, server Configuration Management
- Knowledge of Jira, Confluence
- Interest and knowledge of agile methodologies
- Ability to travel to EA offices out of China if required
- Prior experience in gaming or mobile development industries is a bonus
- Active contributor to the Open Source community
Community / Marketing Title: Technical Director
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2020-03-14 00:46:09.05
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.