Technical Artist 2
Location: Shanghai, Shanghai, China
Requisition Number: 160336
Position Title: Technical Artist 2
Location: Shanghai, China
As a World Leader in AAA game development, EA is looking for a qualified Technical Artist to help support the content teams in its Shanghai Studio.
The Technical Artist will be responsible for creating and maintaining asset pipelines, development workflows, and tools. The Technical Artist must be able to work under the CG Supervisor/Technical Art Director and be able to interpret and execute technical requirements with minimal supervision. The candidate should be familiar with current game development engines, DCC tools, and development workflows, helping to guide Artist in enforcing Art guidelines, such as polygon counts, memory budgets, scene setup, and etc.
- Maintenance of Asset Pipelines and Workflows
- Support and Assist in Project setup
- Develop tools to refine processes, including batching and automation.
- Proactively seek out inefficiencies and problems in existing processes.
- Develop and share methods to help Artists deliver at highest quality and maximum efficiency.
- Create and maintain documents outlining art production needs, including in-game integration, 3rd party/in-house tools, and art asset critiques.
- Check assets for technical integrity before integrating into the game.
- Troubleshoot technical issues inherent in maintaining a clean file structure and pipelines for both in-house and 3rd party software.
- Maintain regular communication with External Vendors and Internal Teams
Skills and Knowledge Required:
- Minimum 6 Years work experience in a TA role
- Minimum 3 shipped Products
- Strong technical communication skills
- English and Mandarin proficiency
- Knowledge of Game Production Pipeline and Workflows
- General knowledge of Game Development Engines such as Unreal 4 and Unity 3d
- Foundational knowledge of rendering pipelines, 3d math, and performance profiling
- Knowledge of Python scripting or Visual scripting
- Knowledge of DCC Tools such as Maya, Max, Zbrush, Substance Designer, and Painter
- Experience with Perforce, Shotgun, and shell scripting
- Detail oriented, organized and able to meet project requirements
- Familiar with the latest asset creation techniques (ie. Modeling, Texturing, Animation and etc)
Community / Marketing Title: Technical Artist 2
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2020-03-25 15:24:59.44
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.