Sr. Art Director -Capital Games
Location: Sacramento, California, United States
Requisition Number: 160159
Position Title: Senior Art Director
At Electronic Arts we put our players first, and we’re looking for creative game developers to help create amazing experiences for our players. Mobile is the future of our industry and our mobile team is growing fast, with studios around the world and a portfolio of blockbuster titles, EA is uniquely positioned to become the world’s #1 mobile gaming company.
Join an exciting team that’s redefining mobile development at EA. Collaboration, gameplay and rapid iteration are what makes us tick as we push to improve one of EA’s beloved IPs to be a top mobile title. Our team is growing fast and we’re looking for people who are inspired by our mission and fit well within the spirit of our culture. Nothing gets us more charged than the opportunity to provide a players first game experience that lets our team do something that’s never been done before at EA Mobile. Come and see for yourself, the future is here.
EA Mobile is looking for an Art Director with experience in game development, specifically in the mobile space. The Art Director, in collaboration with discipline leads, will establish the art creation process and production pipelines. You will work with partners in the development of the product’s visual art style. You will maintain visual pillars and quality standards through management of their team and remote partners to ensure the highest visual quality possible. You will report to our Studio Art Director.
Once production starts, the Art Director will run daily reviews with the artists, giving clear, constructive feedback and guidance. A substantial amount of time will be dedicated aligning with team member and brand feedback and translating that into clear and cohesive direction to the art team, ensuring that artists are following the visual style and delivering on time and at quality.
- Determine process and establish art vision for mobile game using data-driven approach
- Development and well-being of the art team
- Creation, maintenance and enforcement of the style guide and other high-level documentation
- Create all art and animation pipelines and processes and subsequent training
- Train Leads in execution against style guide and monitoring of pipelines and processes
- Guarantee fidelity and accuracy of all assets
- Guarantee delivery of all assets
- Instigate development best practices with Development Director
- Experience establishing art vision for previous projects
- Accomplished 2D and 3D artist with 5+ years’ experience in game development.
- Experience using Maya/Max, Photoshop and Z-brush.
- Experienced in leading and mentoring teams of artists
- under tight schedules, a willingness to receive direction and a desire to work within a team.
- Problem-solving and prototyping ability.
- Strong knowledge of anatomy, mechanical structure and architecture.
- A keen eye for light, color, shape and silhouette, and a knowledge of how to use them.
- Excellent skills at identifying existing visual styles, and ability to use them.
- Experience developing games for the mobile market.
- Familiarity with developing games off of existing IPs.
Community / Marketing Title: Sr. Art Director -Capital Games
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2020-03-03 22:58:06.08
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.