Rendering Engineer - Motive
Location: Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Requisition Number: 159602
Position Title: Software Engineer III
EA Vancouver is looking for a talented and experienced Rendering SE to join them working on a beloved and revered IP. This is an opportunity to join a veteran team in the early stages of development who are working on a cross-platform live service game for both mobile and console.
Role: Rendering Engineer
An ideal candidate will have professional knowledge of rendering technologies for game development. You will have general experience with PS4, XBOX One, Nintendo Switch, PC and Mobile Hardware, GPU architecture, deferred lighting, global illumination, shadows, anti-aliasing, etc. You will work with content creators to implement features, tools, and debugging workflows.
- Work with Artists to collaborate on bringing the vision of the Art Director to life.
- Work with a Lead Rendering SE to create cutting-edge rendering technologies.
- Develop in the Frostbite Engine creating leading technologies for games around the globe.
- Profile and optimize GPU performance on consoles & PC.
- Support Artists & Technical Artists using tools and workflows with debugging tools, documentation & usability.
Required Technical Skills & Experience
- 5+ years of experience working on AAA products in a related role with multiple shipped titles.
- Experience on current consoles - PS4, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch, PC.
- Proficient with modern rendering techniques such as Photogrammetry, PBR, Compute Shaders.
- Experience with a large data-driven engine, such as a commercial engine or a large internal one.
- Strong expertise with C++ and experience in object-oriented design and implementation.
- Strong mathematics skills especially with Linear Algebra & Calculus.
- Understanding of multithreaded architectures and synchronization principles.
- Strong ability to work with internal and externally developed code in a collaborative fashion.
- Excellent debugging skills and experience using tools to help debug.
- In-depth understanding of performance bottlenecks of rendering features.
- Experience with a variety of performance analysis tools such as PIX, GPAD, etc.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience working with off-site developed technology and driving collaboration process.
- Experience working with Mobile Hardware
- Experience with C# for tool development.
- Experience working with Technical Artists as partners in feature production.
- Experience with Agile methodologies for software development.
- Demonstrates dependability and commitment to projects and tasks.
- Team-first mentality. No ego, just a commitment to get the best quality into the game.
Community / Marketing Title: Rendering Engineer - Motive
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2020-01-23 22:16:49.807
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.