Software Engineer II for Gameplay Services - C++
Location: Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Requisition Number: 159581
Position Title: Software Engineer II
We are EA
And we make games – how cool is that? In fact, we entertain millions of people across the globe 24/7 with the most amazing and immersive interactive software in the industry. But making games and delivering a phenomenal player experience is challenging. That’s why we employ the most creative and passionate people in the industry.
The Challenge Ahead
The Electronic Arts Digital Platform (EADP) is one of the world's largest and fastest growing gaming platforms with a mission to change how the world plays games.
We live, breathe, and dream about how we can make every player’s multiplayer experience memorable. We develop SDKs and services in collaboration with EA’s game studios for matchmaking, stats and leaderboards, achievements, game replays, VOIP, and game networking.
We try to capture the most memorable portions of your experience, such as statistics to compare yourself to other players, achievements you earned during play, and even replays of your own games to share. To do this we are always asking questions:
1. How do we balance matches to give you the most fun?
2. How do we make the game more challenging and engaging between a group of friends?
3. How can we predict and evaluate your connectivity to give you the best connection to other players?
We’re looking for a Software Engineer to help us create a fantastic experience at high-quality. If you share the same passion, apply today and you might become the next member of an extraordinary team that is walking the path of excitement and new ideas.
What this Software Engineer will do at EA:
- Enhance and add features to EA’s existing online services and gameplay capabilities.
- Collaborate with engineers from across the company to bring the next generation of online features for EA games
- Be a part of the software design and architecture process
- Be a promoter for best practices within the engineering team
- Work with product managers to improve new features to support EA’s business
- Provide maintenance and support for all services
The next great EA Software Engineer also needs:
- Knowledge of Object-Oriented Programming
- 2+ years of experience in software development in C++
- 2+ years of experience with client-server and peer-to-peer architectures, network security, basic network protocols (e.g. TCP/IP and UDP), object-oriented design.
- Understand memory management, multiple processor use, runtime optimization, concurrency and synchronization.
- Experience designing APIs for SDKs and S2S
- Solid computer science background including algorithm and data structure usage
- Excellent debugging and optimization skills working in a multi-threaded environment
- Experience with relational database and NoSQL
- Familiarity with Linux
- Bachelor's in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent required
We thought you might also want to know:
- The benefits and perks of working for EA
Community / Marketing Title: Software Engineer II for Gameplay Services - C++
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2020-01-22 19:17:55.01
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.