Technical Program Manager for Gameplay Services
Location: Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Requisition Number: 159575
Position Title: Program Manager II
We Are Electronic Arts
And we make games – how cool is that? In fact, we entertain millions of people across the globe with the most amazing and immersive interactive software in the industry. But making games is challenging. That’s why we employ the most creative, passionate people in the industry.
Program Manager – EADP Gameplay Services
You will report to the Director of Program Management for GamePlay Services and will deliver online services.
Gameplay Service (GS) is a central team that provides our game teams with matchmaking, achievements, networking, statistics, leaderboards, secure storage, VOIP, and much more. Successful execution requires understanding of schedules and requirements between other GS team, other central teams, and EA’s game teams.
The Program Managers in GS work with the Product and Development Managers and company partners to review and refine requirements, work with the Development team in developing both the design and the plans, and then track and coordinate the delivery and successful use of our technology by the game teams.
- Lead the planning and delivery of our online services and their integration to our internal games.
- Balance goals and roadmaps from Product Management with estimates and capacity constraints from Development to provide the best plan possible.
- Support Product Management by working with the Dev team and partners (central teams, game teams) to refine requirements for development.
- Manage the project development plan, including: schedule, tasks, resources, quality, time, priorities and costs.
- Report on progress to management.
- Resolve risks to the delivery of quality products.
- Coordinate releases, including tracking bug/quality metrics, and ensuring agreement of schedules with customers, our testing group, and other technology groups.
- Work with the other Program Manager to refine and improve our processes
- Bachelor's in Computer Science or related field technical field, or equivalent.
- Requirements specification or design experience.
- Experience developing technology products.
- Experience liaising and presenting.
- Understand the technical architecture of web applications or other client/server products.
- Experience taking a product idea from concept through launch.
- 1+ years of experience in the gaming industry.
- Passion for gaming.
Community / Marketing Title: Technical Program Manager for Gameplay Services
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2020-01-22 19:18:16.0
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.