Senior Character Artist
Location: Guildford, England, United Kingdom
Requisition Number: 159550
Position Title: Senior Artist 2
Senior Character Artist
Guildford, United Kingdom
We’re Criterion, and we love making games!
For more than fifteen years we’ve entertained millions of players around the world with our award-winning games. Our talented people have expressed their passion for world-class game feel, AAA audiovisual quality and technical innovation in the Burnout & Need for Speed series and and more recently in Battlefield 1, Star Wars X-Wing VR, Starfighter Assault and Arcade for Star Wars Battlefront II and Firestorm for Battlefield V.
We believe that healthy, engaged teams make great games, so we place enormous value on collaboration, fresh ideas, and unique perspectives. We’d love to hear yours! Crunch doesn’t help make a better game. We don’t do it. For the past three years we are very proud to have been recognised by gamesindustry.biz as one of the best places to work in the UK. Let’s talk about how you could be a part of it.
What a Senior Character Artist does at Criterion:
We’re looking for a Senior Character Artist to work collaboratively as part of a tight-knit, creative and cross-discipline team to provide the next generation of believable and relatable characters.
We need your experience, passion, communication and collaboration to create amazing Characters. Working with Concept, Rigging, Animation and Narrative on creative and technical challenges to help determine visual standards and technical workflows while inspiring Character artists inside and outside the studio.
You will report to the Character Art Director as part of a multi discipline team that works collaboratively in an iterative design process.
A Senior Character Artist needs:
- Experience building photorealistic and stylised characters for multiple, shipped AAA titles on current generation platforms.
- Expert understanding of anatomy, costume, characterisation and a good working knowledge of PBR materials .
- Extensive experience in organic and hard-surface modelling using ZBrush, Maya/3DS Max.
- Expertise in real-time character creation workflows, including new trends.
- Experience contributing to creative briefs, reference, style guides, visual targets and prototypes.
- Experience working collaboratively in an iterative design process.
- Passion and desire to make the best characters and promote character art.
What’s in it for you? Glad you asked!
Naturally, we offer great benefits packages, but more importantly, because we love working with outstanding creators, we maintain a culture that appreciates creative freedom and autonomy.
- Great compensation package, annual bonus scheme and stock plans.
- Benefits including private medical insurance, dental care, pension scheme and life insurance.
- Extras like employee discounts, Rail season ticket loan, free games.
- 25 days holiday (including 3 days company shutdown days between Christmas & New Year)
- Two annual staff parties (Summer and Christmas)
- Casual dress code
We thought you might also want to know:
We’re based in the lovely town of Guildford – 35 minutes from central London.
Our office has an onsite café and gym and is a short walk from the train station and town centre.
- More about our studio: http://criteriongames.com/
- More about our location: https://www.ea.com/careers/careers-overview/guildford
Community / Marketing Title: Senior Character Artist
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2020-01-19 22:18:33.08
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.