Location: Stockholm, Stockholm County, Sweden
Requisition Number: 159467
Position Title: Animator 2
At EA we are a community of artists, storytellers, technologists working in one of the most dynamic industries today. We are transforming for a digital future and work as one team. We take risks and we dream big. And together, we are changing the way millions play every day.
The Cinematic Animator will play an important role in producing animation for the trailers, in-game assets and other deliverables that the Marketing Cinematics team will produce. You are an expert user of both Maya and Motionbuilder, and have experience with both keyframe animation and dense data motion and performance capture. You have experience with real-time productions and in using game engines in production. You have a keen creative and technical mind, and are used to solving problems. You are used to working for and with a close knit team of collaborators. You will work with the team’s directors and will report to the Producer of the Marcom Media Department.
- 5+ years as an animator at a Video Game Company or VFX/Post Production facility.
- Expert knowledge of Maya and Motion Builder
- Experience in using a Real -Time Game Engine
- Experience in working with mocap data
- Experience working in an asset management system like Shotgun is desired
- Strong sense of animation and cinematography principles
- Ingesting of motion- and performance capture data.
- Cleaning, stitching mocap animation, as well as augmenting with keyframe animation where needed.
- Keyframe animation of vehicles, objects and cameras.
- Working for multiple directors on the deliverable assets at any given time.
- Participate in collaborative efforts
- Share knowledge and progress with teammates for collaborative efforts
- Offer assistance to other teammates when in a position to do so
- Set aside personal preferences and accept the decisions of others to move forward
- Demonstrate active listening skills and allow other members of a team to provide input
- Works and communicates effectively with other members of their team
What’s in it for you? Glad you asked!
At EA we take care of our staff and have done so during our steady growth over the last decade. In addition to a great compensation package, we offer our employees 10 EA games per year, massage every three weeks, a variety of sports activities (yoga and cross fit to name a few) and healthcare allowance. We have a collective bargain agreement with Unionen and Sveriges Ingenjörer and also provide our employees’ with occupational pension. Although we enjoy working at EA, we value our employees’ personal lives. A good work-life balance is something we practice and maintain even during high-intensity periods. Apply online with a combined CV and introduction letter in English. Don't forget to link your portfolio or reel.
EA promotes diversity and inclusion and is an equal opportunity employer.
Community / Marketing Title: Cinematic Animator
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2020-01-23 07:22:01.48
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.