Location: Guildford, England, United Kingdom
Requisition Number: 159394
Position Title: Manager II, Finance
Finance Manager - EA Partners, Strategic Growth Initiative (Guildford, UK)
ENTERTAINING IS OUR PASSION
We’re EA—one of the world’s largest video game publishers. You’re probably familiar with many of our titles—Madden, FIFA, The Sims, Need for Speed, Dead Space, Battlefield and Star Wars, to name a few. But maybe you don’t know how we’re committed to creating games and services for every platform—from mobile to console—to give our consumers that anytime, anywhere access they demand. What does that mean for you? It means more opportunities to unleash your creative genius, be inspired by those around you and ignite your path in any direction you choose.
EA was founded by individuals with a deep passion for making games. Many things have changed over the years as the gaming industry has expanded immensely, but we are driven by the same passion for developing, publishing, and distributing the world’s best games. Our history has been one of great success, and our future looks even brighter. Gaming has come a long way from Pac-Man & Space Invaders and fueled by our accomplished staff at locations right across the Globe. We are united in our passion to continue shaping the future of interactive entertainment. Together we can make a difference.
Located in Guildford (UK), this Finance Manager role reports into the Finance Director of Strategic Growth. You will provide a unique opportunity to drive an exciting growth area for us as a partner of the Strategic Growth Initiatives (SGI) division. SGI is at the leading edge for new business models - comprised of the EA Partners group, Competitive Gaming Division (CGD), EA Experiences (EAX) and Asia Studios - that are all propelling EA forward to its next chapter of growth. Specifically this role will provide strategic finance support for the EA Partners team that is scouting globally and contracting new and interesting content for EA under the EA Partners and EA Originals brands.
- In partnership with the onsite EA Partners Senior Vice President and the leadership team, develop long term strategic plans and P&L’s, which incorporates title and content planning across all platforms, business models and overall responsibility for all P&L modelling
- Build business cases and structure financial models for signing new content to enhance and supplement the extensive EA portfolio
- Support Business Development and Legal in structuring EA Partner and EA Originals contracts
- Collaborate with the Corporate Strategy and M&A teams to foster potential acquisitions ranging from small to large scale Studios
- Own all core FP&A processes including fiscal year planning, quarterly forecasts and business reviews, and risks and opportunities management. Own EA Partners P&L forecast and associated budgets, holding organization accountable to targets
- Partner closely with EA Studios and Publishing to develop packaged and digital revenue forecasts, considering revenue recognition policies. Quantify risks and opportunities assessing performance, trends & content roadmap
- Partner with our technology organization to influence online cost forecasts
- Provide financial leadership, ensuring the financial implications of all decisions are understood and considered
- Accountability for financial controllership including: the adherence to corporate policies and processes, identification and prevention of material revenue recognition issues, monthly expense accruals, monthly close, variance analysis and reporting
III. Skills and required experience
- Bachelor’s degree required – Finance, Economics, Accounting or related field preferred
- You will need related financial experience, ideally in FP&A
- You will have experience with financial modelling, budgeting, forecasting, reporting and analysis
- Experience with executive presentations balancing detail, messaging and visualizations to deliver great impact
- Healthy impatience for change. Willingness to ask the tough questions and challenge the status quo. Demonstrates initiative and enjoys working through complex scenarios with recommendations and solutions.
- Confidentiality and integrity in dealing with highly sensitive information. Reputation for professional integrity and seasoned business objectivity
- Experience and proficiency with financial tools like Hyperion Essbase , Oracle and Tableau
- You will need excel (can perform complex functions) , Word and Powerpoint.
- Gaming experience preferred
Community / Marketing Title: Finance Manager
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2020-01-14 21:44:22.967
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.