Location: Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Requisition Number: 159378
Position Title: Senior Accountant I
Electronic Arts (Canada), Inc.
You will be a member of a high performing Accounting Team. The Canada Corporate Accounting team is responsible for:
- Provide accurate financial information that is transparent to our users.
- Create and enforce key controls designed to safeguard corporate assets and promote compliance with external regulations.
Be a part of a globally integrated team, focused on improving our systems, processes, and controls, to discharge our financial and transactional responsibilities, and serve as valued partners in supporting our business operations.
- Support North America (NA) and Global general ledger (GL) close process by 1) preparing and loading entries relating to cash, fixed assets, payroll and corporate functions 2) reviewing and certifying balance sheet reconciliations and 3) preparing NA and Global reports which analyze trends vs. quarter, year-to-date and prior year.
- Partner with our remote GL team at our EA Hyderabad location to 1) ensure that financial results for NA are delivered on time and are complete, accurate, and compliant with internal policies and external regulations and 2) transition aspects of the NA GL process as part of an initiative to reallocate roles and responsibilities
- Review and monitor the North America tax credit accruals against the terms and conditions of the relative agreements or legislation for accuracy and entitlement. Also, monitor claim process to ensure the annual claim is consistent with the amount accrued.
- Support EA Inc.’s balance sheet FX hedging forecast to Treasury including Canada transfer pricing calculations and the coordination of forecast information with global partners
- Partner with Treasury and external fund managers to prepare the monthly investment entries for EA Inc. and EA International.
- Continuously recommends and implements changes to processes enhancing the GL close for North America, Canada shared services teams and Treasury balance sheet FX hedging.
- Bachelor’s university degree required, preferably finance-related. Professional accounting designation is preferred. Minimum 3 years of relevant business experience
- Excel, accounting and financial skills required
- Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience with Oracle R12 an asset
- Adopts a customer-focus mindset
- Integrity in dealing with highly sensitive information.
- Able to work autonomously, shows initiative, flexibility, teamwork, maturity under pressure, and anticipates and resolves problems before they develop.
Community / Marketing Title: Senior Accountant
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2020-01-14 21:14:38.497
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.