Location: Redwood City, California, United States
Requisition Number: 159350
Position Title: Senior Legal Specialist I
At EA, we inspire the world to play. We are seeking a highly motivated and experienced Corporate Paralegal to provide a full range of support to the corporate legal team in corporate and securities matters, including public company reporting and securities compliance, board matters and corporate governance, legal entity management, corporate transactions and other general corporate matters.
The ideal candidate is inquisitive, detail oriented, and thrive on a fast-paced, high-performing and collaborative team. The position will be based in Redwood Shores, CA.
- Assist with preparation and managing the filing of SEC reports (8-K, S-8, Proxy Statement) and review Section 16 filings.
- Assist with preparation of documentation for EA’s Annual Meeting and manage relationships with associated service providers.
- Support legal aspects of acquisitions, financings and restructurings, including data room management, performing due diligence, assisting with closing documents, obtaining required signatures, assisting with post-closing integration and administration, and any other special projects.
- Maintain books and records for Corporate Secretarial office, including Board and Committee minutes, related parties and confidential treatment extensions.
- Assist with the formation, maintenance and dissolution of domestic and certain global subsidiaries, including preparation of resolutions authorizing various transactions and other governance matters; update and maintain database for all subsidiaries and manage annual report filings, including though corporate agents.
- Assist with, obtain and distribute notarizations, apostilles, legalized documents, certified copies, corporate filings and other corporate documents as needed.
- Coordinate D&O Questionnaire process, including compiling necessary information, disseminating questionnaires and reviewing/archiving completed questionnaires.
- Work with other members of the legal team as well as other company functional departments on special projects and initiatives.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including Finance, Tax, Investor Relations, Stock Administration.
- Comfort communicating with senior executives and Board members.
- 5+ years of relevant experience working as a corporate paralegal.
- Bachelor’s degree and/or paralegal certification preferred or equivalent experience and evidence of exceptional ability.
- Notary certification (or willingness to obtain) a plus.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, Adobe Acrobat, Workiva, legal entity management and related software.
- Exceptional organizational skills, strong written and verbal communicator, impeccable integrity and good judgment.
- Ability to maintain a positive attitude while working within a fast-paced work environment with shifting priorities.
- Flexible and willing to work atypical hours as necessary for purposes of meeting filing deadlines.
- Ability to build and maintain positive working relationships with internal functions around the globe as well as external vendors.
- Desire to learn new skills and knowledge to enhance personal development.
- Must be a self-starter, dependable and take pride in work product.
Community / Marketing Title: Corporate Paralegal
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2020-01-23 21:00:40.403
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.